Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New info Added to CR

tag
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

New info Added to CR

Can someone please tell me, if you had a judgement filed since 06 and it was paid since then. Does the CRA have any right to add it now in 2008? It was never on my EQ report, suddenly I checked my report and it's showing a report date of 6/24/08. This is very frustrating, even though its paid!!!! What can I do?????
6/20/08 TU=553 EQ=577 EX=458
07/16/08 TU=599 EQ=621 EX= 556
8/05/08 TU=632 EQ=652 EX=598, 9/30/08 TU=632 EQ=655 EX=616
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New info Added to CR

Strange that it would appear now. Not sure about that. But judgments can stay on your report for 7 years, I think.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

They can do it!   judgments stay on CR for 7 years from filing date   paid or unpaid!
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can possibly sweet-talk the plaintiff in the judgment, see if they'll file a motion to vacate the judgment (if it's paid, of course -- you said it was, right?).

Or, you can see if the plaintiff will fight it if you file a motion to vacate the judgment (if you do, they would have to appear to fight it ... if you talk to them and ask nicely, they might just not appear and let it go). In order to file the motion, though, you'll have to have a basis ... it could be anything from "settled prior to court" (again, you'd need to talk to the plaintiff and see if they're willing to work with you) or "improper service" of the summons.

If you get the judgment vacated, it will disappear from your CRs.
Message 4 of 14
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Wondering, I'm confused. Two of these judgments were vacated when I went to court. The other was paid and i received a satisfied letter. So i guess they judgment was vacated after it was paid correct?
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a sec ... what are you saying? That a VACATED judgment is on your CRs???

if that IS what you're saying, get thee to the court house and get a copy of the dismissal documentation (that's really what happens when a case is vacated) and send it to the CRAs.

If a judgment has been vacated, it CANNOT be on your credit reports. The CRAs have made a HUGE mistake.
Message 6 of 14
Tryin2rebuild08
Regular Contributor

Wondering, I assume that once the judgment is paid, then its vacated correct? I sent proofs to the CRAs on two of the judgements and all they did was update them as paid and did not remove them. The 3rd judgement was paid and is still sitting on my reports. Should i contact the CRAs again?
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

A judgment is like any other debt..............it does NOT get deleted because it is paid!

In order to be deleted you must have it vacated! 
Message 8 of 14
GFer
Valued Contributor

Just had the same thing happen to me. Googled info.

Vacated, means it was never legal in first place. So in both my case and yours, the judgement was not vacated---it was just paid.

In my state, you have 180 days from the date you are served to file for vacated judgement. Didn't know then. Didn't matter. I really owed it.

I 'may' have tried to get it 'dismissed', but too late now.

Again---just because it's paid, doesn't automatically make it vacated or dismissed, because are two entirely different scenarios.

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

As the others have said, "paid" is not the same as "vacated."

Vacated is never, ever happened (well, you know it did, the plaintiff knows it did, and the judge knows it did) ... at least regarding your CRs it "never happened."

Paid ... well, your CRs SHOULD read "paid," "satisfied." or "released." The latter two of which are just fancy terms for "paid."

Your judgment was two years ago ... some states will let you file motion on an old judgment, some won't. If your state allows it, you can try BUT you'd need a reason (basis) to file upon. Simply paying it and wanting the whole schmear off your CRs is not applicable basis.

Improper service is a VERY common basis for filing a motion to vacate. BUT you'd not only have to be within the SoL for filing, you'd also have to be able to prove (within a preponderance of the evidence, of course) that you were NOT properly served notice.

Anther basis on which to file motion to vacate is if the debt was out of SoL at the time of the filing. And yet another would be if the debt were paid PRIOR to the court date.

I really hope this helps. If you have anything that I can help you with (Google is my friend -- so is LEXIS!), just let me know via PM!!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.