Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to rebuild credit

tag
ZOUL

New to rebuild credit

Hello all,

After a few weeks of reading over posts in the forums, I'm ready to jump in the pool and get my credit rebuilding process underway.  I have seen numerous posts here that have inspired me to get off my a@# and get going.  I notice many people here have starting credit scores and scores of where they are currently.  What is the best place to go to get my scores to start out with.  I pulled an annualcreditreport sometime earlier this year so that is not an option.   I am a blank canvas and any assistance will be greatly appreciated.  I love following the threads that follw the journey to credit rebuilding and very much enjoy seeing the success.  I am hoping to start one here.  Thank you all in advance.

Z

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Lexixc
New Contributor

Re: New to rebuild credit

Signed up for the credit report and monitoring service on myfico.com. They have different plans they offer.

Starting Over (Again) Wish me luck!
Credit Karma:TU 516 EQ 510 05/27/16

June Goals:
1. Set up arrangements for all outstanding debt to pay down or avoid legal action.
2. GW daily.
3. Work on removing judgment.

July Goals:
1. Open Secured Card with USAA.
2. Continue to GW Daily.
3. Letters to paid in full charged off accounts.

But what if I fall?
Oh but dear, what if you fly?
Message 2 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Buy them directly from the credit bureaus or, if you have loan officer friend in the mortgage business, ask him/her to pull a tri-merge credit report for you. That is what I did a couple of weeks ago. Also, I remember receiving coupons from Wells Fargo bank and used them to pay for the reports so try asking your bank if they can help you with it.

Message 3 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

You can also sign up for creditkama TU and credit sesame EX they are fako scores but if things change on your report they let you know. They are free. For EQ you can get score watch from here true fico score you can try the free 14 day trial to see how you like it. Welcome to the fico family you will learn a lot. Remember credit is a journey not a race. The best and most accurate is to buy all three from here for $54.85

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 5
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Welcome ZOUL!  It is so addictive though. I would agree with PP, if its scores you want, go to myFico and get your scores...but you need to see each of the individual reports to start cleaning up. My two cents: 1- Don't dispute everything to the CRAs, especially if you KNOW its accurate, 2- When it comes time to pay, start with the most recent (they are hurting your score more than the older ones) 3. If you don't know, just ask....the forum family is awesome and knowledgeable. 4. Pay for Delete if you can, for unpaid debt, that is the best solution when trying to improve your score. 

I look forward to cheering you on through your journey!!!!  Smiley Happy

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.