cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the forum, I have a lot of things going on.

tag
coalchunk
Established Member

New to the forum, I have a lot of things going on.

I would like to say hi to everyone. I am glad to have found your forum.

I will just right into my situation, Im not sure this is the place for this if I am on the wrong board or if this is not for this sight I appologize in advance.

I at the age of 40 find myself having to look for a new house. The house my Son and I have been living in for about 18 yrs is being taken by the city do to the landlord 

ignoring to fix things the city has impossed fines on. I found this out a week before April. I have been extremly stressed trying to find a home that I can offord on a fixed income. I called to inquire about a HUD home since they do not requiere a large down payment. The realtor called me back saying I had thigs on my credit I needed to fix, and that I was showing no credit score. I pulled my credit and to my shock I have a judgement on it along with 3 other things. The jusdgement is for a medical MRI and I was insured at the time. After calling the insurance company, then I and the insureance company called the atterny. the atterny said she would look into this. 3 days later the insurance comp. called me back saying the reason this bill accured in the first place was when the hospital ran my insurnce card they did not put in my last number on my card so it kicked it back as my having no coverage. So the Atterny said this would be wrote off and removed from my credit. This is still showing on my reprots as open. I am going to call and see if I can get this in writing that they have written this off as a Provider Write off and that it would be removed. Will I have any luck getting this removed? 

I also have a few other things on my reprot that I am in the active process of taking care of now. One item being a $27. canrge from an old home phone I had. One is for a cable company saying I never returned there equipment, I have spoke to them about this...I am now waiting on a call back from them. Then I have two less then $200. debts on my reports that I am now taking care of. 

I was told I had no credit score do to I have no credit accounts. I have no credit cards, I own my vehicle and paid cash for it. Everything I own I paid cash for by saving. For things like my computer or what not I bought from shopping channels. The shopping channels dont report to the credit bureaus, but they pull your credit prior to you getting an item on payments. I have checked with privacy guard and another credit place. Both of them are showing I do have credit scores reporting. I'm not sure if those scores are in error, since the realtor did not see them. The scores are low and not good, but it shows them. I am not sure why she says they are not there and I am seeing them? 

Then I have one item on my credit showing as a MEDICAL COMMERCIAL A, at one credit bureau and as 15 SCHNUCK MARKETS INC. Yes this is a check that did not clear my account, I am now taking care of this. Does that matter that it shows up as some sort of Medical debt? 

I am also trying so hard to get credit so I can start to build a credit file, since it is showing as a "thin" file. From what I can see I do have credit scores but I am needing to raise them quit a bit. I have been trying to get credit cards. I did get a Finger hut fresh start card. I am going to get a secured card in a few weeks when I have the funds to put as the security for it. I am also going to get a secured loan from my Credit Union. How much will having the three types of credit help my scores? Is there anything I should or should not being doing? I am hoping to be able to get a home loan soon! 

What is upsetting is at the age of 19 I was able to walk into my bank and walk out with a car loan for a car I had seen and I wanted. I also when I had just turned 21 co-signed a mortgage for a family member. I have never owned a house of my own, and now when I am facing being homeless I can't get a home loan of my own...but co-signed one at the age of 21..that is just upsetting to me!

Sorry for such a long post I tend to drag on a bit...LOL

I appreciate any and all input on any part of this that you may have some insight on.

Thank You so much for listening to me

Angela

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
teo77777
Regular Contributor

Re: New to the forum, I have a lot of things going on.

Angela,

Sorry to hear about your financial stress. I wish there was an easy fix, but all I can offer is what I would do in your situation. Skip the home buying for now, best to think of a rental. You've got 18 years of rental history behind you, and that's a plus. Better yet, if you have ANYONE, family, friends, etc. that you can stay with temporarily, great. If not, then the rental is what I would have to do in the mean time. Your credit problems are not bad at all compared to many here, and I think with a rebuilder credit card or 2 ,you can get near or over 700 in a years time. SECURED cards work fine.You've been off the map for so long, you would be suprised what adding a new account or 2 will do to your scores in a short time. I think the LEAST an FHA loan down payment requirement is on a home now is 3.5 %. In addition, I don't know where you're from, but here in Texas it is a seller's market. Listings are gone in a day, houses are going for 10-15k over asking, and the buyers are having to pay all the costs. It's insane. Inverstors are sucking everything up to turn into rentals.Rent a house, heck an apartment if you have to to keep a roof over your head. Read all the great advice in here about getting your credit back on track and how to take care of the negatives on your credit report. It also seems to me if you are the breadwinner and a single mom, I'll bet there are Government programs that are suited for you to assist you, but maybe others more qualified to answer that could chime in. Get a roof over your head, read,read,and read some more, and keep you're chin up. My wife and I lost our home in '09, but we've survived, still a family, and doing fine. Put your faith in God, do your part, and he'll do the rest.

TO
Message 2 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Hello and welcome to the forums.

First off, the realtor was probably right.  Where you pulled your scores from aren't purposeful scores and more than likely you didn't generate a FICO score with only collections on your CR.  Your new accounts will have to post for 6 months before you have a FICO score.

Good news is, you're not in too bad of shape.  You have a couple of small collections, but maybe you can get those cleared up.  Plus you're going in the right direction by getting the Fingerhut card and applying for a secured card.  You will need these accounts to thicken up your file a bit.

teo did have some good points, see if there is some sort of assistance that will fit your needs.  There plenty of people out there, it's situations like this that they were intended for and you really do need them.

As far as the baddies that are on there,  post all the info you can here about them, leaving off account numbers and personal identifiers, and let's see if we can come up with something to deal with them.  

Best of luck to you.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 23
coalchunk
Established Member

I want to thank you for not only your input, but for being so caring! I was not expecting that when I joined the forum and made this post! Its nice to see a forum that not only has those willing to help others out as far as the "business" side of things but, go beyond that to show a person some compasion for the situation they may be in and facing! No judgements no putting someone down for any type of finacial situations they may have gotten themselves into for whatever reason! For that I thank you guys and  Im realy glad I come across this forum!  

I will post the items that are showing on my credit reports. It may be a bit, Im going to my bestfriends house for awhile to visit the new Foster dog and her three puppies Smiley Happy 

Thank you again for being so kind and helpful 

Angela

Message 4 of 23
coalchunk
Established Member

Here is the information that is reporting on my credit reports from the 3 bereau's. I live in Indiana if that is needed, for knowing what credit laws our state is governed by.

The first one is the judgement I had no idea about. It is being reported the same way by all 3.

Experian:

Public Record:

Judgement

Filed:1-14-2011

Amount:$1,196.

PlantiffSmiley Very Happyeaconess Hospital

The next one is from Old National Bank. they had taken over a bank I was with for yrs. I don not like ONB so I closed my account and moved to Heritage Federal Credit Union. I was not aware of this till I pulled my report. 

Experian:                                                                 

Account Name: Cash Pro INC               

Type:Collection

Date Open:11-01-2012

Balance:$191

EQUIFAX:

Date Open:11-01-2012

TRANSUNION:

StatusSmiley SurprisedPEN

Date Open:11-05-2012

This one is from Insight a cable company who is saying I never returned the equipment to them. I have contacted them.They said they were "looking" into this and would get back to me. No call from them yet! I want to call them again, not sure how to 

EXPERIAN:

Account Name:Credit Protection Asso.

Account Type:Collection

Date Open:4-1-2013

Past Due:$1,212.

EQUIFAX:

Account Name:Credit Protection Asso.

Account Type:Collection

Date Open:4-1-2013

Past Due:$1,212.

TRANSUNION:

Account Name:Insight

Account Type:Collections

Date Open:4-8-2013

The next one is an Returned check that I am in the process of taking care of. 

EXPERIAN: Does not have this reproting.

EQUIFAX:

Account Type:Medical Commercial A

Date Opened:3-1-2013

Balance:$232.

TRANSUNION:

Account TypeSmiley FrustratedchnucksMarket

Type:Collection Account

DateOpen:3-1-2013

Balance:$232.

EXPERIAN:

Account Name: Enhanced Recovery

Account Status:Closed

Date Opened:12-1-2013

Balance:$27.

EQUIFAX:

Account Name: Enhanced Recovery

Account Status:Closed

Date Opened:12-1-2013

Balance:$27.

TRANSUNION:

Not reporting this

I have 5 things showing on my reports, I had stateted 4 in my first post.

I do have a lot of credit inquiries showing up for the past month or so. When I found all this out about the house being taken, and I had no credit score and needed to get some recent credit built up. I whent into panic mode and I think I hit up every credit card place on the internet!! I know better then to do that sort of thing but, panic took over and made me do it..LOL. I also at the same time looked into finding better vehicle insurance rates and every place I got a quote from did an inquirey!

I know a lot of the inquiries were "hard" pulls.

I appreciate all the help you guys offer, not only to me but to this forum as well! You guys sharing your knowledge weather it be from personal experiences is a learning tool for others who are in that situation! 

If I left any information out please let me know. 

Thank You

Angela

Message 5 of 23
creditlost
New Contributor

Besides FHA you could also look into USDA. As for rebuiling your credit I would follow the advice of this "GREAT" forum. They've help me tremendously.

Message 6 of 23
coalchunk
Established Member

Creditlost, 

Thank You I am getting some very great insight from this forum. 

I actually did look into the USDA loans. It states: Applicants must be unable to obtain credit elsewhere, yet have reasonable credit histories.

I'm affraid with the way my credit is reporting I would be denied by them as well. I do thank you for the sugestion.

I appreciate all the help you guys are giving me, not just for cleaning up my credit reports and building my credit scores, but for caring about the situation

of having to find a place to live on such a short notice. 

I am not sure why when I posted the credit information why it posted with the emoticons..LOL

Thank you 

Angela

Message 7 of 23
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

We'll a couple of those are pretty small amounts.  I would try for PFDs for those.  Then you have a couple that are a little more, and one of those is a judgement.  I'd see about handling these, and they are fairly recent so still within the SOL.  The HPs will fade quickly, so no worry there.  You need to save up some cash for these.  I don't know your financial situation right now, but do you have any funds to handle these?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 8 of 23
coalchunk
Established Member

Hi Shogun,

The judgement is for a medical bill for a MRI I had on my back in 2008. When the hospital input my insurance ID they left of one number causing it to come back as my having no insurance coverage! 

I and the insurance company called the Attorney who is handling the judgement for the hospital. the attorney checked into why I was 

being held responsible for this bill in the first place since I was insured at the time and still am by the same insurance company. The attorney called the insurance back and said that, When the hospital input my insurance ID they left of one number causing it to come back as my having no insurance coverage! The insurance company called me saying the attorney said this would be wrote off and would be removed from my report. It still showing so I don't know how long it will take for this to drop off.

The other amount for $1,212. I have talked to the Cable/internet company and I am waiting to see if they were able to locate the equipment I returned to them. Looks like I will have to contact them again over this, as it has been almost 2 weeks since I called them. 

The other two I am paying back now. I hope to see them come off soon.

the other one I think I will call them to see if I pay it if it will be removed from my report. Its the one for $27.

I am on a payment plan with the bad check restitution program for these checks...I know that is a horrible thing to have bounced checks. When a few checks did not clear my account, the fees were taken out the checks were run back through a few more times, then returned and by then I was struggling to pay the ISF fees and get my account out of the whole. I am on a payment plan and am paying these back now. One of the checks is reprted different on two of the reports, does that make a diference how your debt is reported? Will that showing up as a medical commercial debt effect anything as far as it being reported when it is paid off?

Thank You

Angela

Message 9 of 23
ktl72455
Valued Contributor

Hello!

Welcome to the forum!  You could also add this Credit Card to your file. Its is secured but they dont pull your credit report like most others, which is a plus with all the recent inquires you have.

Credit Cards | State Department Federal Credit Union

From MI.
12/4/12 TU 589 MyFico ~EQ 579 MyFico ~EX 577(Fako)

Myfico 8 scores
6/12/20 TU 803 ~ EQ 814~ Ex 784
My Wallet: Cap1 3,500K ~FH 2950~Credit One 1750~Credit one #2 1250~Orchard Bank 400 ~NFCU nRewards 18,000~NFCU Cash Rewards 18,500 ~Care Credit 12000~Discover 6000~Lowes 5450~ Amex 5400.00 ~ Harvest King 8000 ~ Langley~Penfed~Service CRU~red stone cru~
UTL 17%
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.