Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to the forum just a few questions

tag
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

New to the forum just a few questions

Ok so im new here i been reading for a while and i just would like a few tips from people who has been in my position before regarding rebuilding... Any tips at all would help ive read a few but i just would like to hear some pertaining to my scenerio. Here goes:

Ok so i've been cleaning up my credit alot there wasnt alot on there but it was enough to make me have a low credit score til to i have gotten alot deleted what remained is a Unsecured school loan for about $903 which was opened back in 2009 when i was in college  and a 2008 charge off account which some how i dont get its appearing twice both with 0 balances but verbiated as a charge sold account from Plains Commerce... what ive gotten off it 264 medical bill, 72 for Sprint , 126 for verizon and another 54 medical bill ..... then these credit cards i have in my signature i opened in January the FP and AFCU  the US Bank i just opened Tuesday of this week... Now heres the unique part on my Experian report i see Comcast collections up there for 942 and then 144 i disputed it because i never had comcast comes back as valid i wonder how ..

So i open my own investigation and did a little digging myself and got in contact with comcast and the collection agency between the two found out the address of teh acct and the name on the acct and social - which all were not connected to me in anyway so what do i do to get that off after 4 disputes it keeps coming back as valid the spelling of the name is Shawun and my last name with an addl letter and the SSN doesnt match mine but it keeps coming back as valid what steps do i take with this....  also it only reports to EX not EQ or TU..

Secondly i would like to know anyone that started out in my shoes and now are a head what steps did you take in progression if possible to remember..

Forgot to include that i have a installment loan open also for my car with a balance of 13,500 ...... 

Tips , Pointers , Includes , Comments id like it all .....

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

Re: New to the forum just a few questions

bump

CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 2 of 5
DiabolicallyRandom
Established Contributor

Is it CA's reporting the charge off?  Collections can switch hands multiple times and leave trade lines each time.

I had a similar situation on my reports for a medical collection. I contacted the originial creditor and they verified that I had no connection to the account. I then called the CA and told them that even the OC says its an error and I actually got the CA to call the OC about it and the CA deleted.  Its odd that they arent deleting it if they acknowledge that its not  you. I wouldnt bother disputing with the CRA's because they dont go very far to verify. You need to dispute directly to those reporting to the CRA's.

Message 3 of 5
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

yea i've done this but they still wont remove it i really dont know how can they keep it pinned too me without the correct information though its just really wierd i spoke with  the OC and the CA  they still wont remove it i spent nearly 4hrs on the phone and the only thing i accomplished was them telling me to open a police report , then file affidavit with the FTC adn some other info just to get it removed .... but other than that about the Plains Commerce its reported twice on my report but the same company name but just details saying charge off 0 balance on both ...

Current Cards

Message 4 of 5
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

bump

Current Cards

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.