Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New unpaid medical bills. Help!

tag
coachcb
Established Member

New unpaid medical bills. Help!

Hi coachcb,

I've split off your post to start a new thread. All I changed is the title. If you want to change it to something else click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu.

MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

I have been away for a couple of years.  Got a great mortgage, built a house.  I have recently let two small medical bills go into collections.  One for $89 and the other under $200.  Just plain stupid and I would like to strategize but I could just pay them.  I want to know what advise I can get to keep them from dinging my credit report.  I have read the board but do not know what to do when I actually owe them and want to pay them off.  Advise.  Thanks so much.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
PRC
New Contributor

Re: Elated with a built up score of 809! New unpaid medical bills. Help!

Are they on your credit report now?  I have been receiving several medical collection notices myself; however, they're not on my credit report and when I call and pay within the 30 days I always ask will this appear on my credit report, they say no and it doesn't.

@coachcb wrote:

I have been away for a couple of years.  Got a great mortgage, built a house.  I have recently let two small medical bills go into collections.  One for $89 and the other under $200.  Just plain stupid and I would like to strategize but I could just pay them.  I want to know what advise I can get to keep them from dinging my credit report.  I have read the board but do not know what to do when I actually owe them and want to pay them off.  Advise.  Thanks so much.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.