Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newb AU question (eBay AUs)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newb AU question (eBay AUs)

Ok so I am new to posting on this forum, but I have been browsing it incessantly for the past 8months. My story:

I am 37 years old, and am a recovering drug addict. Almost 4 years sober. (9-16-2016). My issue is that I NEED to go to the dentist, like now. I never took care of my teeth, ever. And have multiply cavities/need braces as well. My goal was to get my score up as quick as I can so I can get to the dentist, but there's one problem. Because my average credit age is about 5 months, I most likely won't get approved for Care Credit. 

Now I am looking into purchasing an AU on Ebay.  If talking about this is against the rules, I apologize. I just want if anyone has any experience doing this or has any other advice on how I can age my credit quicker so I can apply for Care Credit as quick as possible.

I have been rebuilding my credit since October 2019. When I started, my scores were around 499 and are now at 635-650. I have  6 credit cards and a Self lender account. I am happy with where my scores are and where they are headed and how quickly.  Would anyone advise AGAINST doing the Ebay thing? I am just worried about getting ripped off.....

Just in case anyone wants to know what path I took to getting my scores up:

In October of last year I got a Capital One Secured Card with a $200 limit. 5 months later they increased my limit to $500.

2 months later I applied for a Self Lender account and a CreditOne card at the same time. CreditOne gave me $300. 

2 months later I applied and received a Milestone card ($300) and a Fingerhut account ($600..now $900). Around this time I was eligible for the Self CC and I got one. 

Now its 2 months later And I just (today) got my Mercury Mastercard ($1,500) and Mission Lane cards ($500). 

I keep my utilization below 10% a few days before statement closing date for each card but use when needed theoughout the rest of the month.

Also I pay all balances down either in full or below 10%.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Newb AU question (eBay AUs)

Im sorry the discussion of purchasing AUs cannot be discussed on this forum in any fashion. If you have a family member that would be the better way to go for an AU and if so make sure that the bank will report the AU not all do. Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I apologize. Can I ask where I can get my Bankcard score? I see you have one and have tried to find it online. 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get it from myFICO or you can get it from Credit.com.

In addition to what was said above, not only is it against TOS to discuss that, it most likely would not work due to the anti-abuse portion of the algorithm, so it would be a waste of time and money anyway. You would be much better suited to read and learn the information here and put it to use and I promise you, if you follow what you learn here, you will increase your score. Read the Scoring Primer linked at the top of my signature.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok so I am new to posting on this forum, but I have been browsing it incessantly for the past 8months. My story:

I am 37 years old, and am a recovering drug addict. Almost 4 years sober. (9-16-2016). My issue is that I NEED to go to the dentist, like now. I never took care of my teeth, ever. And have multiply cavities/need braces as well. My goal was to get my score up as quick as I can so I can get to the dentist, but there's one problem. Because my average credit age is about 5 months, I most likely won't get approved for Care Credit. 

Now I am looking into purchasing an AU on Ebay.  If talking about this is against the rules, I apologize. I just want if anyone has any experience doing this or has any other advice on how I can age my credit quicker so I can apply for Care Credit as quick as possible.

I have been rebuilding my credit since October 2019. When I started, my scores were around 499 and are now at 635-650. I have  6 credit cards and a Self lender account. I am happy with where my scores are and where they are headed and how quickly.  Would anyone advise AGAINST doing the Ebay thing? I am just worried about getting ripped off.....

Just in case anyone wants to know what path I took to getting my scores up:

In October of last year I got a Capital One Secured Card with a $200 limit. 5 months later they increased my limit to $500.

2 months later I applied for a Self Lender account and a CreditOne card at the same time. CreditOne gave me $300. 

2 months later I applied and received a Milestone card ($300) and a Fingerhut account ($600..now $900). Around this time I was eligible for the Self CC and I got one. 

Now its 2 months later And I just (today) got my Mercury Mastercard ($1,500) and Mission Lane cards ($500). 

I keep my utilization below 10% a few days before statement closing date for each card but use when needed theoughout the rest of the month.

Also I pay all balances down either in full or below 10%.

This had not allowed me to comment earlier, but I just wanted to say Sync uses vantage scores. The only bank I know of lol they use 4.0 which I was not able to obtain anywhere. You can get your 4.0 score monthly if you have a Sync account and that is the only way I know of.

Anyway, my SO app'd for a Care Credit TL just a few days ago since we have a huge dental bill coming over the next few weeks. I knew the odds were not good as you can see his scores in my siggy below. When he app'd his TU Fico 8 was 577 and VS 3.0 was 602. He does have a much higher AAoA than you, but has had 4 new accounts in the last 6 months, and 1 TU inq before apping.

He was instantly approved for 1k! I was floored as I was certain it would be a denial.

We registered his account straight away and it gave us his TU VS 4.0 and it is 629. We were unable to recon a higher starting limit, but it put a small dent in the nearly 7k bill, as that would have required most of our savings we have built up. We have no choice though, as his dental work can no longer be ignored.

Care credit is a little bit more forgiving of not so hot credit and from my understanding if you treat the account right, it can grow rather quickly. Maybe if you get approved and it doesn't cover everything, just start with what needs to be done immediately and build up a history with Sync and by the time you are set to get braces, you will have a higher credit limit.

I honestly would say, if you really need it, maybe you should just try apping for it. Your scores are a little bit better than his. I would check Credit Karma for your Vantage Score 3.0. Might be apples to oranges, but it is a Vantage Score. I know for the two of us, our Vantage Scores are higher than our Ficos.

As mentioned above, the anti-abuse algorithm will likely disregard any suspicious AU accounts from being calculated into your scores. My SO has an AU from me and it looks like for the most part is not calculated into most of his scores even though we have been together 20 years and have near identical info (address, history of being a co-signer/spouse, etc.). Save your money.

Trust me my SO understands dental problems of the worst kind, so I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Message 5 of 8
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous  See if the dentist or orthodontist have an in house payment plan available. I would think most do.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous  See if the dentist or orthodontist have an in house payment plan available. I would think most do.

i know that some have gotten a bit weary of in-house payment plans. It definitely does not hurt to ask, as we did and they shot us down straight away. All they did was hand us credit brochures. I was surprised since we will be seeing them over the course of 6-12 months, so you would think if we didn't pay, they just would refuse to see us. The best they offered was half up front and half on the day of services. Not much of a payment plan considering the appointment was 1 week after scheduling it and total cost of 6.7k!

We even looked within a two hour drive of us with no luck of anyone accepting payment plans. We live fairly rural, so who knows, it could be that and maybe a city would be more apt to offer one.

Oh, and OP, make certain your dentist(s) accept Care Credit, as not all do. Some have other 3rd party creditors that they accept. You can check on the Care Credit website or directly with the provider.

Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok I apologize. Can I ask where I can get my Bankcard score? I see you have one and have tried to find it online. 

As with the other suggestions I get it from First Natl Bank of Omaha through their credit cards on a monthly basis.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.