Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie...Where to start?

tag
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Newbie...Where to start?

Hello all! So glad that I finally mustered up the courage to post and get some direction! Here is a brief overview of what I am working with/against. Just need a little direction on what to do next:

Baddies:

Capital Bank – One 30 day late

First Premier – Charge off 2008

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage – Two 30 days (Feb 2011, July 2012) sold in July 2012

Sallie Mae Student Loans – 120 day lates (Feb 2009)

Sallie Mae Charge off – paid in full Feb 2009

Judgment – Satisfied Feb 2010

Positive TL’s:

Orchard/Capital One             $0/300

Capital One/BestBuy             $0/500

Capital Bank Secured           $1/500

Gordman’s Store card           $0/250

Credit One Bank visa             $10/550

Macy’s rewards card              $0/100

Kay Jeweler’s                          $0/1500

FingerHut                                 $0/400

Two auto loans (one being my ex wife’s)

I appreciate all advice, and look forward to taking the next steps in rebuilding! Smiley Happy

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Newbie...Where to start?

Here goes,

Baddies:

Capital Bank – One 30 day late (try and GW if the tradeline has nothing but positive since)

First Premier – Charge off 2008 (probably stuck with this one)

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage – Two 30 days (Feb 2011, July 2012) sold in July 2012 (You can try a GW here)

Sallie Mae Student Loans – 120 day lates (Feb 2009) (try a GW to get the late removed)

Judgment – Satisfied Feb 2010 (file a motion with the court where this took place. You will want to file a motion to vacate/dismiss. Once it is granted by the judge, fax this to the CRA's)

The 30-day lates aren't hurting you as bad as the 120-day late. That 120-day late hurts worse, longer.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 10
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Here goes,

Baddies:

Capital Bank – One 30 day late (try and GW if the tradeline has nothing but positive since)

Sent one out last week, hoping to hear back soon.

First Premier – Charge off 2008 (probably stuck with this one)

Had that feeling about this one, would it be wiser to pay this one off or let it age and drop?

Wells Fargo Home Mortgage – Two 30 days (Feb 2011, July 2012) sold in July 2012 (You can try a GW here)

They responded with a definative no to my first one, I will give it another go round

Sallie Mae Student Loans – 120 day lates (Feb 2009) (try a GW to get the late removed)

I will give this a shot. Heard Sallie Mae is a tough cookie.

Assuming this one will have to age and drop off

Judgment – Satisfied Feb 2010 (file a motion with the court where this took place. You will want to file a motion to vacate/dismiss. Once it is granted by the judge, fax this to the CRA's)

Contacting the attorney that issued the judgment today, if not I'll try and bypass them and go directly to the county courthouse.

The 30-day lates aren't hurting you as bad as the 120-day late. That 120-day late hurts worse, longer.

Thanks for the advice! I'll get back to work!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Message 3 of 10
User273165
Regular Contributor

If you havent paid that charge off yet I would write or call them and ask them to remove the tradeline if you pay it in full.  Once you pay them you have little chance of it getting removed, since you havent paid them yet you still have a chance. Not a good one, but a chance.  It took me about 30 letters and emails to get rid of my collection but I had it paid off before ever knowing about credit repair!

Good luck

Message 4 of 10
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Pay the First Premier. It is killing your utilization which is holding your score down.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 5 of 10
beb86
Valued Contributor

+1 try a PFD if not pay it in full and that should help alot 

Message 6 of 10
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Thank you all for the advice! It's good to know that I have somewhere to go for quality advice from people who have been in my situation. This site is wonderful and I shall be around for a long time!

Message 7 of 10
User273165
Regular Contributor

Good luck... its not easy, takes a lot of letters and phone calls then its just a waiting game. Dont give up though, they dont like removing things but they really dont like hearing from you monthly either!

Message 8 of 10
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

I will pay off FP and hope for the best, got a letter today denying PFD. I will send out my second wave of GW's next week. Thank you everyone!

Message 9 of 10
tattooedhusker
Established Contributor

Just spoke with the county court, there is no fee to file a motion in my county, so I will be heading down there tomorrow or monday to start (i'll take any little bit of good news at this point lol)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.