cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie here...

soccermomof4
Regular Contributor

Newbie here...

I've been reading through a lot of these threads, and WOW!!!  I had no idea that there were so many options to improve my credit.  Everything I've ever read before said "Too bad, so sad - live with it until it falls off in 7 years."  Then I came across this website, and now I think I'm addicted!  Credit repair is all I can think about these days.

We royally screwed up our credit many years ago, but didn't really know what to do about it.  So we left it alone.  Most of the old baddie TLs have fallen off, so I feel like there's hope now.  Smiley Happy

So based on what I've read on these boards, I started taking action.  In the last week, I have mailed off a PFD letter to a CA (cell phone bill that was in my husband's name but was supposed to be paid by his employer - they didn't pay the last bill after he ended his employment with them) and 2 GW letters - one to Target and one to Dillards for a 30-day late on each account.  I have several letters ready to mail out for inquiry deletes as well.  Thank you to those who posted sample letters...very helpful!

I've also created a spreadsheet for my credit cards, which calculates for me the 35% mark for each CL. I'm using it to track how much I need to pay each card down. 

Hoping to see a nice score increase in the next couple of months.  We want to refinance our house at the end of the year. 

Good luck to everyone on your credit repair journey! 

TU=564 EQ=??? EX=??? 4/4/06
TU=643 EQ=625 EX=618 1/24/08
TU=678 EQ=651 EX=665 10/24/08
TU=694 EQ=669 EX=??? 9/24/09
TU=706 EQ=691 EX=??? 10/8/09
CH7 BK 2001
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.