cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question - repo not showing on CR

tag
pds29

Newbie question - repo not showing on CR

Two years ago I fell behind and eventually had my car repoed after I lost my job. I managed to get the car back, got a new job and even paid the car off about four months early.

I was considering writing a GW letter to Cap One Auto Finance to try and hopefully have at least a couple of late payments removed. However, they have NOT reported the repo on my CR. Should I let this sleeping dog lie or should I go ahead with the GW?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newbie question - repo not showing on CR

Don't wake the dog up he might bite you!!!!!!!

I tried to GW my repo and I guess the letter angered them now every month they count me late 42 90 lates in a row OUCH!!!!!!

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't wake the dog up he might bite you!!!!!!!

I tried to GW my repo and I guess the letter angered them now every month they count me late 42 90 lates in a row OUCH!!!!!!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go back into the threads a couple of pages.  There was a thread earlier this week about a GW letter to BOA making the situation worse, because BOA had not been reporting all the lates.  After BOA received the GW letter, they corrected their error.

Lates are one thing.  But a Repo is a VERY derogatory notation.  I think you've already gotten some serious good will because the repo isn't showing, just late payments.  Sending in a GW letter could very well awaken a beast that will sink your score, and be much more difficult to GW.

Let it lie.

Message 3 of 5
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

DON'T DO ANYTHING!!!!! 

For the main reason that Cap 1 (lovingly referred to on these boards as "CRAP 1") NEVER removes jack!

Just to be well armed, should they start posting, be sure you have the paperwork proving when all this occured.  The best you can do with them is make sure they are reporting correctly when/if they do report.

In all the time I've been on this forum, I think I have only read one occurance of them doing something nice, and that was giving someone a break on all the late fees.  They never respond in our favor to a GW.

Let that puppy DIE!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 5
pds29

Thanks for the input. I will delete that letter immediately so I can't even accidentally send it. Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.