Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next Steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next Steps

Alrighty, looking for advice on some next steps.

Good:
Credit Acceptance (car, hoping to refinance this soon) Current/Never late

VS $0/250

NY&Co $50/250
Navient Current/Never late

I also have a small balance installment loan which is current, and waiting on my secured Discover IT card to come in the mail.

Bad:

$91 medical collections

$372 ERC

$2,600 NCC BUS SERV

Paid off two collections accounts for $159 and $292, waiting for both of them to update.

This is just looking at my Transunion, I have a lot more medical collections on my Equifax and Experian. I also have one Repo scheduled to expire after May of this year.

Where will I get the most benefit? I was originally thinking of also doing the My Jewelers Club to get more positive items reporting. I have student loans that are giving me a pretty great average age, so I'm not super worried about the new accounts dragging that down. 

Short term goal is to refinance my car. My interest rate is killing me. Long(er) term goal is to buy a house. Much of my other collections are either reaching SoA or will age out in the 1-2 years.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Next Steps

When the paid off CAs update to paid then use GW letters to get the TLs off unless you already got the PFDs. You have enough credit cards for the moment and dont need self lender or secured share loan with other type of installment loans. You would want to work on paying off the collections especially ones updating monthly. Medicals are some of the easiest to deal with.

For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:

1. Call the OC and see if you qualify for Charity Care
2. If not then ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
3. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
4. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.