Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next step? Please advise.

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Next step? Please advise.

I am not sure what to do next. I received a dunning notice from ERC stating I owed almost $1300, sent validation and they responded but the info they sent only states that I owe $426, that is a massive difference.  In the initial dunning notice they were willing to settle for almost half the amount, however in light of the info they sent I am not willing to pay almost $700 for a $400 debt.

Originally when I contacted sprint they stated they no longer owned the debt in no way but I just spoke with them again and they stated that they did hire ERC to collect for them.  This is new to me and I am not sure how to proceed.  I am trying to avoid this getting reported to my profile.  I don't know if I should try to PFD (or well they agree to not report) For less than half the $4xx amount or if since they were not able to prove the almost $1300 amont if there is anything I else I can do.

How would I proceed with this?

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Re: Next step? Please advise.

Could the $1300 be from late fees? How old is this account?
Samsung mobile
Message 2 of 11
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

There is no possible way there is $900 in late fees, the only thing they have been able to prove is the $426.  Account is over a year old.

Message 3 of 11
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

Call them and ask where is the $900 coming from you have the right to know about your account.
Samsung mobile
Message 4 of 11
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I will not call them...they get me on the phone and threaten, yell and curse at me, I want to know my other options.  They have sent all the paperwork from the OC they have, as I have stated they have only proved that I owe $4xx. 

RobertEG, Guiness? Anyone? LOL

Message 5 of 11
creditscoreEE
Frequent Contributor

I see I misread what you wrote.
Samsung mobile
Message 6 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Send them a DV letter...

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 7 of 11
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Send them a DV letter...

Please re-read the first post Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

oopsie daisy!Smiley Tongue

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

@Schoolbuskid wrote:

Send them a DV letter...

Please re-read the first post Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I will not call them...they get me on the phone and threaten, yell and curse at me, I want to know my other options.  They have sent all the paperwork from the OC they have, as I have stated they have only proved that I owe $4xx. 

RobertEG, Guiness? Anyone? LOL

Based on what they can prove you owe, thats what i would offer to pay them. So write a letter explaining that you agree to pay that amount. You could use some of the wording from PFD letter. Also check the phone recording laws in your state, i would record them if they truly are that nasty to you.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.