Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Next steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Next steps

I've been playing the waiting game, hadn't checked my scores in a year, and looked and was surprised to see a 120-point jump in my scores! I have a TU 761, Eq 764, and for some reason am waiting for Exp to mail me a password. All the bad stuff is gone.

I am shocked and delirious. It's been 8 years since I got into trouble, and about four since I finally did the research to see that waiting might be the way to go.

So now what? I have one secured credit card for $650, and that's it. Should I apply for just one cc this year, for say, $5,000? I understand that I probably want to have two more ccs, but that applying for more than one in a year may hurt my score.

Also, I can't have a blip on my report in the next three months, because I am going to move in NYC, and need my score to stay as is or higher.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Next steps

Where did you get these scores?

Have you pulled your reports to see what is listed?

If you are eligible, get your free annual reports -- see link below.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the scores here at myfico.com. I got my free credit reports this weekend, which is when I pulled the scores.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Don't compare the scores from the free reports for TU and EX. Those are not FICO scores. However, the score from EQ is the same score from here assuming you got that from equifax.com.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.