Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nfcu c/o credit cards

tag
Darrin73
New Contributor

Nfcu c/o credit cards

Ok I had a checking account that was closed . Just paid that I have 2 c/o credit cards with them ones 1600 n 4200 they both have been sent to collections is there a way to reopen checking n see if they will recall the debt n start letting me make payments. I could pay the 1600 off but it will put me n a bond. Would just like to make payments til there paid off any suggestions 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Nfcu c/o credit cards

You should be able to possibly reopen the checking account after some time has passed and it's been updated in their system that you paid it off. As for the two charged off cards, they're not likely to be recalled. That's usually only for utility, medical, or cell phone service collection. Credit Cards don't get recalled. I'm afraid you'd have to negotiate with the CAs for a payment plan to pay those off. Which CAs have the collections?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

I had an NFCU credit card go to collections too. It took a little under a year and a half before it went to collections. And they sent me about a letter a month to settle before then. They finally sent it to Conserve who honored the settlement offer from NFCU and Conserve said it won't be added to my credit reports. Ultimately, the settlement was for about 30% of the balance owed.

I doubt NFCU will reopen your account if you have unpaid accounts with them, but I could be wrong. If you had started payments before it went to collections, you could have paid from a different bank account though.

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 7
Darrin73
New Contributor

Well the problems was wife passed n kids in college so my hands were tied I don't wanna settle tho I wanna pay in full with payments.I don't know who the collection company that has it

Message 4 of 7
mycreditscoreisfair
Frequent Contributor

@Darrin73 wrote:

Well the problems was wife passed n kids in college so my hands were tied I don't wanna settle tho I wanna pay in full with payments.I don't know who the collection company that has it

Sorry to hear that.

Call NFCU and they can tell you who they assigned it to. You can pay it in full or make payments in full. Seems to me NFCU just uses the collection agency to receive payments/collect. The agency I'm dealing with said it wouldn't be reported, they were just collecting.

Starting score (January 2020): 454 (TU)
First goal (December 2020): 580 (TU)
Second goal (August 2021): 670 (TU)
Current scores: 679 (TU), 665 (EQ), 658 (EX)
Current goal: All three bureaus over 670

Declined credit cards: First Premier Bank, Verve, Self, Credit One, Today Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 7
House2021
Established Contributor

Strange I have a nfcu charge off from 5 years old I've never paid and they never sent to collections. 

Message 6 of 7
Darrin73
New Contributor

It's with sars something like that . It's a collection agency . And I'm wondering if this is the reason my discover cc won't graduate. I do have a couple of lates on 2019

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.