cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nissan Finance Approved Removing Late Payments!! Yay!

tag
the_heat_love
Established Member

Nissan Finance Approved Removing Late Payments!! Yay!

Good news! This has taken awhile as my first request which was approved somehow got closed out so I had to reopen... just got off the phone with them again today and they said they have removed 3 late payments (These were not my fault gap insurance took about 6 months to pay for total loss!)

Anywho my question is... Nissan said it is all updated on their end... but that the bureaus could take up to 90 days! Anyone know how long it might take? I am hoping to have these off ASAP!

Also anyone know what kind of bump I might get? Only have one other 30 day late payment for the last 20 months. I'm so close to finally hitting the 700 club I hope these will give me the bump!

9 REPLIES 9
tg4life
Valued Member

Re: Nissan Finance Approved Removing Late Payments!! Yay!

Congrats! I had lates removed from NMAC and it took about 60 days for the bureaus to update.

Message 2 of 10
the_heat_love
Established Member

Thank you! And darn it! 60 days is a long time! I was hoping to get them off soon as I am applying for a mortgage in the next month. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they move a little quicker.
Message 3 of 10
the_heat_love
Established Member

Did you get a decent bump from the removals? I'm thinking maybe 10 points hopefully.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who did you speak to at NMAC?

Message 5 of 10
the_heat_love
Established Member

I just called the number on the credit report. Got transferred a few times but that's it.
Message 6 of 10
tg4life
Valued Member

I did get about a 13point boost, but I had 6 lates and 4 were in the last two years.

Message 7 of 10
theheater30
Contributor

I only got a 4 point boost from having 3 removed....

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you tell me exactly what was said to get Nissan to agree to move remove late payments? I'm desperately trying to fix my credit to buy a home. Any advice would be appreciated!
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the removal of these, OP.

For others that are looking to get GW adjustments made to their accounts, keep in mind the OP got negatives removed that weren't really his fault; it could be much more difficult getting them removed when they are legitimately your fault.  That doens't mean don't try, though!

From my experience, if Nissan in this case has already submitted the revised data to the bureaus you should see it updated within a week.  None of this 60-90 day stuff.  I've never had my late payments take more than a week to come off of my reports once the submission from the creditor went through.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.