cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No DV response after CRA deletes can I....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No DV response after CRA deletes can I....

Can I contact the creditor after the account is deleted off the CRA's and pay to have them not validate and resubmit to the CRA's?

It's only a $117 collection and it is unpaid....I think it is older and I want proof on what I am paying as they were vague on the phone and that they could not tell me the dates or amounts and if I wanted that I would have to go to the county that wrote the parking tickets in Minnesota...they claim they don't know the file #'s so I have no way of checking what they are telling me.

It's my most recent baddie and I would rather pay after validation before they post....do creditors give that option?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No DV response after CRA deletes can I....

Your post is not very clear-

MinnesotaJ wrote:
Can I contact the creditor after the account is deleted off the CRA's and pay to have them not validate and resubmit to the CRA's?

It's only a $117 collection and it is unpaid....I think it is older and I want proof on what I am paying as they were vague on the phone and that they could not tell me the dates or amounts and if I wanted that I would have to go to the county that wrote the parking tickets in Minnesota...they claim they don't know the file #'s so I have no way of checking what they are telling me.

It's my most recent baddie and I would rather pay after validation before they post....do creditors give that option?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me break it down,

I have a collection for $117 that is foe parking tickets.

They never sent the dunning letter to me, they sent it to an address 5 years old and no good.

I called them (before I knew better) and they were no help in getting any info as to what the ticket numbers were or when they were, they said I would have to go to the state of MN to get that info.

I DV'd and they didn't respond so I sent a second DV and am faxing the CRA's to delete.

I am sure the debt is mine...just the date is impossible...it should be 1-2 years older.  So I wanted to get it changed to the correct date, this is why I DV'd.  And I also want to know exactly what tickets I am paying for so they can't come back and ask me for the money again.

I don't want them to validate and post it back on my credit report....is there any way to get them to stop reporting after they validate and PIF? 

Sorry but it is a tricky question I don't know how else to word it.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you offer to pay (even if it's a PFD) when they haven't validated, then there's no need for them to validate because your payment is considered your admission of ownership.

You'll just have to put the $$ aside and be prepared for a PFD if they reinsert it. Remember though, the CRAs have to notify you within 5 days of reinsertion if they DO reinsert it. So if it gets validated in the future & reinserted, you can offer a PFD to the CA, and at the same time send the CRAs a letter telling them they must now delete because they didn't notify you of reinsertion. (Assuming they don't notify you... which they never do...). that way, the CA may accept the PFD, but even if they don't, the CRAs will ahve to delete because they didn't follow FCRA, so you're covered...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Ivy, and thanks for trying to help Timothy.

P.S. Ivy....you need to update the Sally Mae thread.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you hear about my recent parking ticket issue?

I used the fact they sent to my old address (not the one on record) for the Judge to dismiss- killed off the CA in under 3 weeks

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.