Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Judgment In Lexis Nexis Report

tag
chijo
Established Member

No Judgment In Lexis Nexis Report

I have a foreclosure listed as just an entry alongside one of the property addresses I have had over the years in my Lexix Nexis report as the type of deed, but the additional judgment full of bogus fees and attorney fees the banksters got in addition to the house and money I had already paid is not listed anywhere. Wondering if anybody knows if lenders tend to look closer into courthouse public records to see that sort of thing, or if they just skim through the LN reports and note any foreclosure. If a judgment isn't specifically listed is it moot to most lenders? My county just quit listing collections and foreclosures in the area of their website where you can get other related civil and criminal court records. They'd have to contact the county clerk if they can't find another database to look at. It was filed with the court as part of the judge's final general order, but terms of payment and date of compliance was never mentioned in the order or discussed with the trust rep who bought the loan papers after the original foreclosure filing was dismissed by a judge because of their bad paperwork. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CyberChick
Contributor

Re: No Judgment In Lexis Nexis Report

I think that if you are applying for a mortgage, they get the credit reports that we see here on myFICO. That's your' best indicator. 

They don't go digging into your public records to double-check what is or is not listed on the credit report. It would be a huge waste of time to have people go to the court house or determine which counties do/do not list which kind of records on the county website. Can you imagine how much time that would waste?

Public records, judgements and liens will usually be on the credit report. The amount probably doesn't matter as much as the fact that you have a record. 

I really would not go down that rabbit hole it's just pointless and probably a waste of energy.

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@CyberChick wrote:

I think that if you are applying for a mortgage, they get the credit reports that we see here on myFICO. That's your' best indicator. 

They don't go digging into your public records to double-check what is or is not listed on the credit report. It would be a huge waste of time to have people go to the court house or determine which counties do/do not list which kind of records on the county website. Can you imagine how much time that would waste?

Public records, judgements and liens will usually be on the credit report. The amount probably doesn't matter as much as the fact that you have a record. 

I really would not go down that rabbit hole it's just pointless and probably a waste of energy.

I've never bought a home myself, but from what I've read on here, they actually DO in fact go digging around public records to ensure you don't default on rent payments and such.

Also, only public records and liens appear on credit reports now. Judgments DO NOT appear on CRs anymore. So yes, they WOULD have to look at court records to find judgments. This is usually done via the smaller third party bureaus such as LexisNexis and SageStream which doesn't take any time or resources at all.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
chijo
Established Member

Thanks for the replies.That's what my post was about. I know where these things are usually found. I have searched many of those sources myself when looking for RE investment deals in the past. I am just not seeing any judgment listed in LN's report. It's like 94 pages long with much duplication. Just an offhand listing that the deed for one of the addresses of property I have owned is now a foreclosure deed is all I see. I can't remember if the last mortgage app I completed asked about judgments in particular or not. It's been a few years. It just surprised me that an amount and the ruling on that case itself wasn't listed. Here some of the attorneys can use a log on and database us peons cannot regarding court records access. They may look using that. Electronic records mean they don't have to use much effort at all anymore. They wouldn't be in too a harmful position anyway since in this state they would be in first position before any judgment or lien except taxes. I was just curious if others had noticed this and if it affected their mortgage success.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.