Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Success with TU Early Delete

tag
creditdemon
New Contributor

No Success with TU Early Delete

Tried requesting an early delete with TU today, after reading some success stories here.  This is scheduled to fall off in next month...honestly not that far but this is one of 2 negative things on my report and really need to start shopping for auto loans soon.   Even though this will fall off in like 3 weeks by itself they refused and said they cant do that...offered to open a dispute instead, which I declined - umm, it will be off by the time the dispute is finished.  

I suspect that their call center has been outsourced to India, as the individual I spoke with and the suprvisor I was transferred to has a strong Indian accent.  As I used to manage a team overseas in India, I can tell you they follow everything to the letter over there and never ever stop to think outside the box.  Not sure if this outsourcing is  new development or if I should be calling a different number, but good luck to anyone else trying.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: No Success with TU Early Delete

@creditdemon wrote:

Tried requesting an early delete with TU today, after reading some success stories here.  This is scheduled to fall off in next month...honestly not that far but this is one of 2 negative things on my report and really need to start shopping for auto loans soon.   Even though this will fall off in like 3 weeks by itself they refused and said they cant do that...offered to open a dispute instead, which I declined - umm, it will be off by the time the dispute is finished.  

I suspect that their call center has been outsourced to India, as the individual I spoke with and the suprvisor I was transferred to has a strong Indian accent.  As I used to manage a team overseas in India, I can tell you they follow everything to the letter over there and never ever stop to think outside the box.  Not sure if this outsourcing is  new development or if I should be calling a different number, but good luck to anyone else trying.

I agree. I got lucky one time and got someone in the US but I wasn't even calling for an early deletion. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 8
Involver
Valued Contributor

Weird. TU almost without fail will delete them 6 months early if you dispute them online as obsolete.
Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Call again tomorrow.

Message 4 of 8
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@Involver wrote:
Weird. TU almost without fail will delete them 6 months early if you dispute them online as obsolete.

+1 I just did that last week and they removed 3, in less than 24 hours. Try again! Honestly I never saw the option to just have them removed without filing them as a dispute online.

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 5 of 8
Eyisila
Frequent Contributor

So, if I have something that is scheduled to fall off Aug of this year, I could call in and have it removed early?

Does it matter if it is paid or not or is there anything that would keep them from doing it?

Also, I saw you said dispute it as obsolete, can this be done online?

Message 6 of 8
PrettyGyrl
Frequent Contributor

@Eyisila wrote:

So, if I have something that is scheduled to fall off Aug of this year, I could call in and have it removed early? Yes

Does it matter if it is paid or not or is there anything that would keep them from doing it? I'm not sure all of mine were unpaid

Also, I saw you said dispute it as obsolete, can this be done online? Yes this is how I did mine.

Started from the bottom, now I'm here: 4/20/15: EX-674 TU 704 EQ-677
TU-Clean...EQ & EX-1 Paid Collections & 1 Judgement
T minus 4 months until Operation EE!!
Goal: 750 Across the board! AMEX Approved! Living in the Garden
Message 7 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Disputing on the basis that the reporting is obsolete is not something I would advocate on the site until the item has passed its maximum credit report exclusion period.

A reqeust for earlier exclusion is not a disputable issue.

Some may have had success with such a tactic, but it is not a proper dispute.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.