cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No invoice from CA or OC ----- Should I pay for delete?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No invoice from CA or OC ----- Should I pay for delete?

Hi there,

Ok so I've been trying to delete from my credit reports 5 entries from CMR Financial Services for medical services. They belong to medical bills that I thought they were covered by my insurance. After requesting validation to CMR, they replied with the amounts I owed. Then I requested invoices and they sent them to me but they just made those up as the date on those invocies was a recent date, so pretty much they made those when I requested them and they added on top the OC information.

So I decided to call the original Medical Office to request the invoices. They said they don;t have invoices but they have the records of the services and what the money requested belons to. They were nice and gave me all information but they don't have invoices. So this confirms that CMR made up the invoices like they were coming from original creditor.

My question is..... is it time to do a PAY FOR DELETE?, The bills are not too high ($130, $99, $102, $30 and $45) or should I fight this?

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No invoice from CA or OC ----- Should I pay for delete?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

Ok so I've been trying to delete from my credit reports 5 entries from CMR Financial Services for medical services. They belong to medical bills that I thought they were covered by my insurance. After requesting validation to CMR, they replied with the amounts I owed. Then I requested invoices and they sent them to me but they just made those up as the date on those invocies was a recent date, so pretty much they made those when I requested them and they added on top the OC information.

So I decided to call the original Medical Office to request the invoices. They said they don;t have invoices but they have the records of the services and what the money requested belons to. They were nice and gave me all information but they don't have invoices. So this confirms that CMR made up the invoices like they were coming from original creditor.

My question is..... is it time to do a PAY FOR DELETE?, The bills are not too high ($130, $99, $102, $30 and $45) or should I fight this?

Thanks

I would ask the OC to recall the CA and then pay them off, if they wont do it then Google the HIPAA Process and contact its owner.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: No invoice from CA or OC ----- Should I pay for delete?

Debt verification requires that they investigate the asserted debt and make a determination supported by that investigation that the debt is valid.

There is no requirement under the FDCPA for supplying of invoices as proof of their verification.

They apparently kept regular business records of the charges, and determined those were adequate documenttion upon which to base their verification.

It is mose likely adequate, but if you wish to contest, you could bring civil action for continued collection on the debt without having first provided adequate verification.  Perhaps you will find a judge who agrees that your request for an invoice must be fulfilled as part of verification, but in my opinion that is unlikely in view of the case law.

If you do agree that the debt is valid, I am unsure of what you would be ultimately fighting.

Violation of a cease collection bar wold not necessarily result in any deletion of their reporting, and certainly would not cancel the debt.

You could push them into civil action if still witin SOL......

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.