cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer a virgin!!! First GW worked!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No longer a virgin!!! First GW worked!!!!

Great news!  I GW'ed a old collection account from an unpaid medical bill from my ex-wife.  It was about 4 years old and it was eventually paid by me in full but it was one of two collection accounts on my report.  Well today it was deleted.  So far I've only seen a 9 point increase on my TU FAKO but I'll be sure to check my FICO scores in a week or so.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No longer a virgin!!! First GW worked!!!!

kahuna wrote:
Great news!  I GW'ed a old collection account from an unpaid medical bill from my ex-wife.  It was about 4 years old and it was eventually paid by me in full but it was one of two collection accounts on my report.  Well today it was deleted.  So far I've only seen a 9 point increase on my TU FAKO but I'll be sure to check my FICO scores in a week or so.

IMO, if it was 4 yrs old and wasn't your only collection, don't expect much of a score change.

It is a possibility, but from what I've read and my own experience, it isn't likely. Might wait until you have the other collection removed before paying for new scores. Unless you are just needing a few points to app for something large.

Edit-

Congrats btw.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 05-15-2008 02:57 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gratz Kohauna

I know how you feel
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first gw as well work a couple weeks ago. I gw capone for a 30 day and they sent me a letter back stating they made an error in reporting and it will be deleted. I fully accepted the late and thought it was valid, but if they said the made a mistake in my favor, so be it.  
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.