Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No need to be nasty, PFD = NoP FD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No need to be nasty, PFD = NoP FD

That is good stuff! I'm glad it worked out for you! Something I noticed about dealing with creditors is that people seem really eager to throw out threats of legal action in the initial contact if certain demands aren't met. Theres definitely something to be said about using a little finnese and class. Who knows? maybe whoever got it already had a crap day and a nicely worded letter like this was a breath of fresh air. 

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who is FP, in the original post?

Message 12 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Who is FP, in the original post?

First Premiere Bank

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Big congrats on getting it removed!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm glad that worked for you. Unfortunately, even being polite and respectful doesn't work for everyone. That doesn't mean you have to start to be mean or nasty. You don't and shouldn't ever be, in my opinion.

I'm simply pointing out that even being polite and respectful (or nice as honey) doesn't get them to give you what you're asking for. (Whether it be a PFD or a GW removal of a paid account.)

I cannot even begin to tell you my level of frustration.

Actually, I can. Tonight, I'm in the process of filing complaints with both the BBB and the CFPB as I truly have exhausted every other avenue (nicely, politely, and respectfully)...yet have gotten nowhere. These accounts actually should NOT be on our credit at all and we have police reports to back us up...yet we get no help.

Okay, vent over. I wish it was as easy for me as it seems to be for others.

Yet we'll press on.

Message 15 of 18
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I am only speculating, but I would guess they have already sold the debt, and thus could not take any $$.

The deletion was most likely to simply clean up their books.

Hopefully, you wont get a collection reported by a debt collector......

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go! This is the exact approach I am trying to take. My problem is finding contacts to whom I can send some polite requests. *sigh* But I'm making progress, so I'm not complaining.

Congrats again. That is an outstanding example of an eloquently written letter.

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, I had a positive response and deletion of a (paid) Portfolio account within two days of a polite email.

Would you mind sharing that email? I'd love to ask them to delete my paid account with them. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.