cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No score bump after 30 day late removal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No score bump after 30 day late removal.

I have lots of baddies from years ago which are all due to fall off within a year (COs, judgements). I have about 6 accounts in good standing after starting my credit building journey in 2015. I had some issues with my bank account that caused me to get a new recent 30 day late in Nov 2015 from comenity/pacsun which dropped my experian score from 583 to 540, this was the only recent negative on my report. Since then I have gotten my score back up to 586.

After a couple of months of trying, I finally got them to remove the 30 day late. That means that I have no recent negs. My question is, why did I not get a substantial bump? I took a 43 point hit for the 30 day late. I know for a fact that the 30 day late is gone (credit report), and the account has had a balance update 2 days ago with no score change. This also applies to the other 2 CRAs, just using experian as an example. Shouldn't I have has a nice bump ffrom that removal?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No score bump after 30 day late removal.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have lots of baddies from years ago which are all due to fall off within a year (COs, judgements). I have about 6 accounts in good standing after starting my credit building journey in 2015. I had some issues with my bank account that caused me to get a new recent 30 day late in Nov 2015 from comenity/pacsun which dropped my experian score from 583 to 540, this was the only recent negative on my report. Since then I have gotten my score back up to 586.

After a couple of months of trying, I finally got them to remove the 30 day late. That means that I have no recent negs. My question is, why did I not get a substantial bump? I took a 43 point hit for the 30 day late. I know for a fact that the 30 day late is gone (credit report), and the account has had a balance update 2 days ago with no score change. This also applies to the other 2 CRAs, just using experian as an example. Shouldn't I have has a nice bump ffrom that removal?

You would certainly think so. Where are you getting your scores from?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have myFICO credit monitoring. Is it possible that it may take a little longer for the score change, even though the monthly balance update has come through already? I was so excited when their customer relations dept called to tell me they were removing it, now I'm underwhelmed.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have myFICO credit monitoring. Is it possible that it may take a little longer for the score change, even though the monthly balance update has come through already? I was so excited when their customer relations dept called to tell me they were removing it, now I'm underwhelmed.

Yeah, sometimes MyFico is a little slow to "see" some changes. You might do a 7 day one dollar trial with Credit Check Total and see what it shows for FICO 8 scores.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't expect you to get a substantial jump for removing that 30 day late.  30 day lates typically only impact score for 2 years and you're almost half way through that period and remember that you gain the most points back early on and it tapers off.  If you lost 40 points from getting it, I'd say you already got back 20 of them so (possibly more) at best I'd guess you'd see 15-20 points back once your scores reflect the removal.

Message 5 of 6
righthererightnow
Frequent Contributor

It depends on your bracket (for FICO tabulation) and your report, both. It's easier to lose points than to gain them imho.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.