Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No update

tag
Rein
Regular Contributor

No update

I had a judgment removed from my credit report about a 2 weeks ago. Just got an email from myfico stating there's no update on my score! I'm so bummed.. Thought i was going to get a big increase. I'm so hurt that I want to apply for a Walmart credit card! I am at a 544 on EQ and don't need a hard inquiry. But I seriously need a positive TL. Thank You Myfico for listening!

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No update

Hopefully it will update soon and you will get that card and your monthly TU FICO08.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 21
Rein
Regular Contributor

is GE easy? I want to apply so bad to get that postive TL. But so scare to get that hard inquiry. 

Message 3 of 21
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Rein wrote:

is GE easy? I want to apply so bad to get that postive TL. But so scare to get that hard inquiry. 

Why are you scared to get a inq?

Inq damage is SO overrated.. however, I don't think your scores will allow you to get that walmart card yet. I have seen you need near 600 to be able to get it.

Do you have any other public records on your credit report?

-scoitt

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 4 of 21
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

Why does everyone get the ge walmart card i never understood. Maybe im just biased and hate walmart logo lol. So what is it about the card ? Why not a secured with a bank or something?
On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 21
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

What other lates, baddies, judgments are reporting? We need more information to assist you better.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 21
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@pineappledaydreams wrote:
Why does everyone get the ge walmart card i never understood. Maybe im just biased and hate walmart logo lol. So what is it about the card ? Why not a secured with a bank or something?

Walmart is a popular store.  With that in mind, their CC is backed by GECRB.  They are great for building credit.  They give good CLIs to help with your util, and they provide you with a monthly free TU FICO08 score.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 21
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

Walmart is a popular store.  With that in mind, their CC is backed by GECRB.  They are great for building credit.  They give good CLIs to help with your util, and they provide you with a monthly free TU FICO08 score.

They also give generous limits.

I resisted the Walmart card for a long, long time. I don't shop at Walmart, and I have moral objections to some of their business practices. 

But Walmart doesn't run their credit card, GECRB does. As your credit gets better, it will graduate to a Discover card, and as mentioned before, they provide you with a free FICO score every month.

The GECRB Walmart credit card is one of the best rebuilding cards you can get. In addition, although I previously mentioned my issues with Walmart as a company, if push came to shove, you can get anything at Walmart. So if you found yourself in a temporary jam, a Walmart card is almost as good as a major credit card.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 8 of 21
pineappledaydreams
Frequent Contributor

What kind of score do I need to get one?
On my phone apologies for the errors.

Starting Score: 501 EX FAKO
Current Score: 745TU Fico
Current Score:714EQ Fico
Current Score: 742 fico

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 21
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@rckstrscott wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

They also give generous limits.

I resisted the Walmart card for a long, long time. I don't shop at Walmart, and I have moral objections to some of their business practices. 

But Walmart doesn't run their credit card, GECRB does. As your credit gets better, it will graduate to a Discover card, and as mentioned before, they provide you with a free FICO score every month.

The GECRB Walmart credit card is one of the best rebuilding cards you can get. In addition, although I previously mentioned my issues with Walmart as a company, if push came to shove, you can get anything at Walmart. So if you found yourself in a temporary jam, a Walmart card is almost as good as a major credit card.

-scott

Plus you can use the Walmart card at Sam's Club which is what I do.  I gotta eat so I use Wally to get my food and just pay the money I budgeted for food to Wally, meanwhile I am building my credit.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.