Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Chargeoff

tag
AWill71i
Valued Member

Nordstrom Chargeoff

I had a Nordstrom credit card charged off in 2018. I want to know if anyone has had a charge off with Nordstrom and do they do pay for deletion or do they do settlements for a lesser amount?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Chargeoff

I don't have personal experience with Nordstrom, but generally no OC (original creditor) will PFD. Best thing to do is pay it and be done with it, even if you settle for less. As long as you get it paid, it'll stop updating, the utilization hit will go away, and your reports will slowly recover over time.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
W261w261
Frequent Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Chargeoff

You can probably settle for less with a CO, generally for somewhere between 40 and 70 cents on the dollar. You have to pay it in one chunk however, and I'd advise getting on it as soon as you can. A CO is a bad mark to be sure, and my understanding is the effect is both pronounced and long-lasting. Mine has a 2018 date on it from Cap1. Everything else about my profile is really good - AZE2, no lates, AAoA way up there, a few HP here and there. But I think I'm peaking at around 760 F8, maybe a little higher on F9. I saw a graph on this forum that showed the effect over time on a 30 day late, a 60 day etc and a CO. The others mostly went away after a few years, as I recall the CO still really hurt all the way to 7 years, for me that's 2025.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.