Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northeast Credit & Collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Northeast Credit & Collection

Has anybody dealt with these guys? They put a collection account on my credit reports in March 2007. It was a medical bill for an emergency room visit in 2001 and i never even got a bill. They claim that they have been sending me a bill since Nov06, thats when they purchased this debt to an address that i moved out of in early 2002.

It was only $96 bill so i paid it off because i didnt want the whole hassle of argueing with the collection agency. i DID NOT know about PFD untill i joined this forum, which was a month after i paid them.

Is there anyway i can get this removed? I sent them a letter asking them to remove it, but they did not. The guy i spoke with, a supervisor, said that he dont care about my credit and he has better things to collect than my $96 debt even if i pay it or not. So in other words, he doesnt like me.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Northeast Credit & Collection

I would wait a little while, like a few months, and then dispute it, in the hopes that is comes back unverified.      Then it automatically comes off, if they don't verify within the 30 days.
Message 2 of 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 3 of 9
Kevin5974
Frequent Contributor

I believe it is in your rights that a debt is no longer valid if has not been pursued for over 1 year so they should have never even come after you 5 or 6 years later but I agree with Tuscani, file a GW letter with them

Starting Score: 475
Current Score: 649
Goal Score: 690

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is completely ridiculous!  This is the problem with credit reports.  Any lame edited can post something on your credit!   I just got my scored knocked down like 100 points due to these edited!  I never got a bill from these people.  This is such a freaking joke!

Kind reminder that these forums are family-friendly. - llecs, myFICO moderator

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

What was the agreement as to when payment was due?

Was it due at time of services, or within 30 days, or was payment agreed to be deferred until they sent a bill?

Message 6 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This is completely ridiculous!  This is the problem with credit reports.  Any lame edited can post something on your credit!   I just got my scored knocked down like 100 points due to these edited!  I never got a bill from these people.  This is such a freaking joke!

Send a DV letter.

ETA...public mention made here that the thread is almost 6 yrs old.

Message 7 of 9
realguy
New Visitor

They put stuff on my credit that I've never heard of......how can they get away with it..??????

Message 8 of 9
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@realguy wrote:

They put stuff on my credit that I've never heard of......how can they get away with it..??????

Send a DV (Debt Validation) letter asap. Puts a bar collection on them until verified.

DaBears

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.