Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Northland Group Inc....CA

tag
lto76
Established Member

Northland Group Inc....CA

hello everyone

I have a settlement offer from Northland Group Inc.

Current Owner: Elite Recoverty Acquisition

OC: Mcb/GC (formerly Capital One)

Balance $571.17   Settlement Offer : $199

I would like to send them a DV letter but before i do i wanted to know if anyone had any prior experience with them.

i did notice for the first time a CA put who they were licensed by which is Minnesota Department of Commerce....just a side bar

any information about them would help.

thanks as always

CURRENT SCORE: TU:639; EQ:649; EX:611
TU:586; EQ: 562 (feb 2010)
Goal Score: MID 700
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

Re: Northland Group Inc....CA

I worked with them and despite their business profession, I loved them. They sent me a settlement letter in November 2009 for a Nautilus account through HSBC I had from 2006. It was a charge off, for about $2800. I knew I'd never have that kind of money, but then I got their letter. They were collecting on behalf of LVNV Funding. Being ignorant of the boards here, I didn't know about DV's, so sent them one of their little coupons (one of three), to make a payment. Paid the second one over the phone, and the third one as well. I had a question a couple questions for them while making the three payments, and I could easily talk to them over the phone. Real nice lady helped answer one for me. I received two copies of "paid in full" from them, so I will never owe that debt again. Oh, their offer was for like $700. A little over $200 a month. I've sent letters and emails to both LVNV Funding and Northland requesting GW for a delete after the fact, after I found the boards here. Northland, since they aren't reporting nor ever have, emailed me very nicely and said they can't, they don't have access to that. LVNV just sent me a third copy of "paid in full".

Basically LVNV hired Northland to find me, settle with me, and be done with me. And I had never had anything whatsoever from LVNV Funding before, ever. I've just seen them on my reports for about two years. But they did have all information on the original letter they sent me. Everything seemed clear and concise up front. So, my experience was very nice. In fact, I wish I had them when I was cleaning up my mess. Negotiate a PFD before sending any money. It's worth a shot, and the reps were real nice and personable. Best of luck!

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 2 of 9
lto76
Established Member

Thanks for the information.

That is my situation. Norhland is collecting on behalf of LVNV needless to say i do not know who they are.

CURRENT SCORE: TU:639; EQ:649; EX:611
TU:586; EQ: 562 (feb 2010)
Goal Score: MID 700
Message 3 of 9
leah5570
Frequent Contributor

LOL. And you don't want to know who is LVNV is! Smiley Very Happy

Be sweet and kind to Northland, and they will respect you back. That was my experience. It had been a long long time since I had actually received a collection letter, and I felt like it was a good offer to just pay it. I had no idea what to do, etc. When I got their letter out of the blue, saw the full account number for LVNV Funding (which was on my credit report), full account number for my bowflex account, and correct amount, dates, etc., I believed them. Of course, YMMV and by all means DV. I sent in the first coupon out of three they had sent with the letter, and received a letter acknowledging the first payment. Got a reminder in the mail for the second, did that over the phone and got a letter confirming payment number two was made. And did the third over the phone, getting a letter confirming the third payment and then a letter stating nothing more was owed, legally settled for less owed. Had email address and contact info on all letters from them, and they replied right back to emails. Sat there and answered any question I had. Only thing was, I didn't try for a PFD. I found the board a month after they were paid.....oh well. Gw's didn't work, but that is because LVNV is to be the goodwiller.

Best of luck, you feel so much better knowing one more is off your back.

EQ. Starting Score 08/19/12: 545
EQ. Current Score 09/02/13: 611
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

The effects of waking a sleeping giant...
Message 4 of 9
bschmidt
Established Member

I've dealt with them too and found them to be pretty easy to deal with.  My wife had a charged off store account.  I actually contacted them over the phone (before I knew about these boards) to set up a payment plan.  It was a relatively small dollar about (around $150), and they actually ended up deleting it from her CR after it was paid in full without us asking.  YMMV of course, but they were easy to deal with in my case.  Good luck!

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I see no real point to a DV leller if you acknowldege the debt, and they are not harassing you.

PFD.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a letter in the mail from these folks.  It's for an old Marshall Fields CO circa 2005...balance $300/settlement offer $135.  For that amount I don't want to jump thru too many hoops, I just don't want them to report the account and see my score tank. 

Does anyone know if they report to CRA's?  So far they haven't reported but I think the account was just assigned to them.  I noticed the did a soft on EX last week...

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im looking for a little advice.I received a letter from Northland Group today c/o LVNV  for a sprint bill I had in 2002.

I thought there was a 7 year timeframe for things to go away? I sent NG a letter for more information because I can't remember that far back.Its never been on my credit report.They sent me a settlement letter,taking a lot less,but none the less,Im not sure what to do.

Thanks for any advice.

Message 8 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You have a zombie debt.  It's more than likely past the SOL of your state and beyond the CRTP limits.  That means they can't get a judgement on you or report to your CR.  It doesn't mean the debt is gone.  You have 2 options, send them a little money to go away or send them a cease and desist.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.