Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to obtain credit report

tag
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

Not able to obtain credit report

Is there a reason why I wouldn't be able to obtain my transunion and Equifax credit reports? I do have open disputes, but I find it annoying that I can't view anything. I'm currently in credit repair (terrible idea), and a bunch of things are being disputed. Anybody know how to get all these disputes off? I am just trying to get over this hump and actually dispute incorrect things. Lol.

last question, I read that if a charge off is sold to a collection agency, the original creditor should stop reporting and should show a zero balance? And, how do I accomplish this if I have something that should show a zero balance and stop reporting?

4 REPLIES 4
cyrusvalentino
Frequent Contributor

Re: Not able to obtain credit report

One important lesson I learned years ago using Lexington Law or other credit repair agencies is that it is a really bad idea. Because they dispute things, and do not follow directions well. For example, I got a PFD and got a collection account removed but they had submitted dispute letters despite my account being marked do nothing on that account. So the account that was removed for PFD was readded to my credit report and had to removed again by the CA.

Long and short of what I'm trying to say it is either one or the other. You do the work which you can do it 10x better and save the money to apply towards settling your debts, or you can step back and let them do the work. You can't do both because you will step on each others toes, and end up more frustrated than accomplishing anything.

As far as removing the alerts. You would have to call the CRA's, and then they will want to likely do an identity verification which may require mailing or faxing in requested documents or proof of identity. But if you do this and the credit repair company just keeps sending these disputes the block will just reappear and the CRA's will get tired of it and you will be disabled until all disputes are resolved (it happened to me). Which that and the above situation I referenced is why I will never and do not recommend using credit repair agencies they will dispute debts over and over again with no true work towards actually obtaining a resolution for you besides hoping and praying it is removed.

Starting Score (12/01/2021):

Current Score (03/01/2022):

Goal Score (01/01/2023):

Other Stats:

Message 2 of 5
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

UGH. This is infuriating. I will say that. I don't feel like the credit repair is going to be able to do anything further. And, I don't like the responses I get when I ask questions. I feel like paying for delete is faster and much easier than what they're doing. It would be different if everything was 7 years or older. But it's not. 

I think that's what happened with transunion. This is my third round of letters. So, theyve already disputed their last round. 

Message 3 of 5
Cjethompson2017
Frequent Contributor

Is there somewhere that has the numbers to call? I've tried calling a couple numbers and can't for the life of me get through to anybody. 

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Cjethompson2017 wrote:

Is there somewhere that has the numbers to call? I've tried calling a couple numbers and can't for the life of me get through to anybody. 

You can try these

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/List-of-Consumer-Reporting-Agencies-pdf/td-p/...

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.