Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not going to make it ... yet

tag
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

Not going to make it ... yet

When I started my repair efforts in May, I forecasted that I could get to 670 FICO8 on all three CRAs by November 2019.

TU and EQ met my prediction, but it is now clear that on the last day of October, EX is not going to follow suit.  It sits at 660, and I am not going to see 10 points when the calendar rolls over tomorrow.  

For some reason, EX lagged the other two and continued to report a derog account for a few extra months.  I am fairly sure that this "time since derog" is the primary difference and just needs a few additional months of aging beyond the other two.  I do think I will see 665 tomorrow on EX, and 670 in the January time frame.  (educated guesses, but definitely guesses).

I have not yet decided on my next score based goal.  I might forecast a "all at 700" date but that one could take a while.  Think I will wait for tomorrow to decide.  Thanks for listening.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Not going to make it ... yet

Sorry to hear, but glad 2/3 met your prediction. If it makes you feel any better, I was hoping to be at 600 within six months (approximately 60-80 pts), which was by today, and EX is only 569, and my other two I haven't pulled, but are probably around the same. Smiley Sad

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 8
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Sorry to hear, but glad 2/3 met your prediction. If it makes you feel any better, I was hoping to be at 600 within six months (approximately 60-80 pts), which was by today, and EX is only 569, and my other two I haven't pulled, but are probably around the same. Smiley Sad

Hang in there.  As I am sure you know, time is the biggest factor, once the derogitories are addressed.   

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 8
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Yea well derogs are slowly being addressed, but yea I'm impatient lol.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still huge improvement in 5 months nonetheless...

Message 5 of 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@BallBouncesthey might be holding the 7rs and 180 days to the fullest. Even though we all say 7 yrs is fall off date. There may lie the problem. if so. That sucks! Smiley Mad

Message 6 of 8
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@BallBouncesthey might be holding the 7rs and 180 days to the fullest. Even though we all say 7 yrs is fall off date. There may lie the problem. if so. That sucks! Smiley Mad

It's not that, it was a (now paid) CO account that the other CRAs stopped updating monthly well before EX did.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 7 of 8
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

It's official, I failed.  Not only that, my 660 EX score lost a point when the month turned over, and is now 569.  Nothing else changed. Weird. Also, oh well.

I will pull all three scores in a few days and make a new score goal/forecast.

050719:     
021924:     

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.