Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not reporting dispute! UPDATED!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not reporting dispute! UPDATED!

Does anyone know or have reference to the penalties and fines for a CA not reporting an account is in dispute, with the CRA's?

Message Edited by darrello on 06-25-2008 11:15 AM

Message Edited by darrello on 06-25-2008 11:17 AM
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not reporting dispute!

Google "FDCPA" or "FCRA" and read them. It will tell.

Willfull noncompliance is $1000 per event, but I don't think it applies to all violations, FDCPA/FCRA will tell which sections it applies to.

How long since you disputed?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been at least 45 days. I sent first and second DV. They responded with an invoice on their letter head, but I had asked for full media validation. I noticed on my CR's that they did not submit that it was being disputed though. I am trying to catch them on anything. This debt is 6 yrs old, and past SOL.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I sent letters to the BBB and the AG regarding Portfolio's negligence in not reporting a dispute to the CRA's I have DV'd them twice, and they have failed to report the account in dispute. I checked TC today and they are gone from Exp. They never reported to EQ, so, now I'm hoping that they will be gone from TU soon. Last CA I have on my reports. Time to start the credit gardening!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.