Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure what happened....I guess its a good thing

tag
eparker
Frequent Contributor

Not sure what happened....I guess its a good thing

I sent a collection agency a PFD letter, they stated they could not delete a trade line with all the legal mumbo jumbo.  The last sentence read, "We have, however, assisted you by updating all three credit bureaus with the news that your account has been paid in full."

Only thing is, I have never paid this collection, thats why i sent the PFD.  I guess I will see what happens. 

Starting Score: Mid 500's
EQ-701 TU-693 EXP-698
Goal Score:750+

NavChek $15,000/NFCU nRewards Visa $12,000/American Express Rewards Gold NPSL/USAA Rewards World Mastercard $7000/USAA Visa Platinum $7000/Barclay $3900/Credit Union Visa $5000/Jareds $7600/BofA Visa $4000/USAA MC $1500/Walmart $1200//Amazon $1000/Discover Card $750/Cap1 $2250.

the FICO Fitness Challenge
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Minato08
Valued Member

Re: Not sure what happened....I guess its a good thing

From what I have learned here, this will not raise your score.  It will make you look better on a manual review however.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Not sure what happened....I guess its a good thing

Yes, eparker, I agree.  That was a stupid response.

Neither did you pay the collection debt, nor did their response refer to deletion from your CR.  Which is what a PFD requests.

Paid in full, even if you had paid, would not have mandated any CR deletion.

They obviously dont know what they are doing.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.