Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure where to go from here ....

tag
blk8
Regular Contributor

Not sure where to go from here ....

My current FICO is 592 with EQ.

I have 1 State of CA Tax Lien from 12/2007 (unpaid)

I have 2 open trade lines: Nissan Motor was 60 days past due for the past 5 months. & HSBC Credit Card was 90 days past due for the past 5 months.

I have 1 Charge Off from NFCU from 5/2006 showing a zero balance / transffered.

Than 13 CLOSED/PAID AS AGREED trade lines from different types of loans, CC, CAR, ETC.

So all I have going right now is the 2 open trade lines which i just brough current but has not been reported yet. THe tax lien is another story .... how does one work if the major thing bringing their score down is still open?

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Re: Not sure where to go from here ....

@blk8 wrote:

My current FICO is 592 with EQ.

I have 1 State of CA Tax Lien from 12/2007 (unpaid)

I have 2 open trade lines: Nissan Motor was 60 days past due for the past 5 months. & HSBC Credit Card was 90 days past due for the past 5 months.

I have 1 Charge Off from NFCU from 5/2006 showing a zero balance / transffered.

Than 13 CLOSED/PAID AS AGREED trade lines from different types of loans, CC, CAR, ETC.

So all I have going right now is the 2 open trade lines which i just brough current but has not been reported yet. THe tax lien is another story .... how does one work if the major thing bringing their score down is still open?

Try to clean up as much as possible. If you are still a customer with Nissan, would they be willing to delete some of those lates? It doestr hurt to ask! The worst they can do is say no and you havent lost anything in the process.

If you can, try to pay for a deletion from NFCU. You pay and in exchange of payment the delete the account from your report completely.

The 13 other accounts, were they all paid? Send out goodwill letters asking for deletions of these as well.

Sometimes we have to take baby steps, it takes time but through hard work and most certainly patience, you will be where you want to be. This forum will most definetly help teach you the ins and outs of this FICO game.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 2 of 6
blk8
Regular Contributor

The 13 other accounts were all paid and in good status. I just came off a financial problem for the past 6 months. The NFCU account is scheduled to be removed next year and they wont do a PFD because it was sold/transferred to a CA ... but the CA isnt reporting it :-)

So im stuck with 2 open trade lines that im a current customer with...

Message 3 of 6
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

I hope someone with a little more experience can come in and give you some sound advice. I am just starting out on this clean up journey as well. Just gotta get the game plan down and keep at it.

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 4 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Unpaid tax liens, unlike other derogs, dont even begin their credit report exclusion periods until paid.

Unless paid, it could remain forever.  Additionally, the unpaid status will be a serious negative upon any manual review of your CR.  I would make efforts at paying.

As for the open accounts, it is stated that they have been past due for the past five months.  Are they now paid as agreed?  If not, they could mature into charge-offs or collections, so getting them back into paid status would be a priority of mine.

The charge-off has been sold, so has the potential of becoming a collection.  What are your payment plans on that debt?

I, personally, would first focus on the chance of further damage.  Can you elaborate on these current derogs?

Message 5 of 6
blk8
Regular Contributor

Both current derogs (Nissan and HSBC) are now reporting current as I have just paid them up to date. Nissan was reporting 60 days and HSBC 120.... both are now paying as agreed.

The charge off im going to let it run its course as its about to drop off soon .... it was sold 6 years ago and there isnt a CA reporting it.

The Tax Lien im not sure about ... i can possibly pay it next month but i know the state of california doesnt remove liens like the IRS does. Any suggestions?

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.