Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sure where to start

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure where to start

Hi there. I am attempting to repair damage to credit, mostly unpaid medical collections, 2 credit cards and an apartment complex that never sent us a notice to our forwarding address that there was a balance due nor any type of invoice for what the charges would be for. There is not a single positive thing listed on my reports. I dont even know where to start. For some of the medical bills that are older can I even contact the original creditor anymore or do I need to just pay the collection agency? Should I even pay them or just dispute them? Below are the items that show on the Experian report. Not sure where to start. Some of the items are small and I could probably knock them off. 

I feel so lost and it seems this whole credit reporting/scoring is hard to navigate when in a hole. On the upside, a family member added me as a AU to one of their CC that they have had for years. It has no balance owed and a decent limit, they are keeping the card in their possession so I cant use it, only get the benefit if the credit reporting on it. 

Net monthy pay: $2200

Monthly bills: $825

I have no car so I am also trying very hard to save in order to get some transportaton. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. 

AMCOL Systems Inc  Balance $1,672, Original Balance $1,672, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Jan 2023 

AMCOL SYSTEMS INC  Balance $214, Original Balance $214, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Jan 2023 

ASSOC CREDIT SERVICES Balance $235, Original Balance $235, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Sep 2025 

BofA Status Account charged off. $1,021, written off. Balance $1,021 Credit Limit $700, Highest Balance $1,021, On Record Until Jul 2022 

SYNCB/CARE CREDIT Status Closed. $812 written off. Status Updated 04/25/2016, Balance $0, Balance Updated 04/25/2016. Recent Payment $1,000, Monthly Payment $0, Credit Limit $1,500, Highest Balance $1,564 - This was paid off through a garnishment, should it still show on here like this??

TRANSWORLD SYS INC/33  Balance $132, Original Balance $132, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Aug 2025 

TRANSWORLD SYS INC/33 Balance $132, Original Balance $132, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Sep 2025 

US COLLECTIONS WEST INC Balance $837, Original Balance $837, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Apr 2025 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Not sure where to start

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there. I am attempting to repair damage to credit, mostly unpaid medical collections, 2 credit cards and an apartment complex that never sent us a notice to our forwarding address that there was a balance due nor any type of invoice for what the charges would be for. There is not a single positive thing listed on my reports. I dont even know where to start. For some of the medical bills that are older can I even contact the original creditor anymore or do I need to just pay the collection agency? Should I even pay them or just dispute them? Below are the items that show on the Experian report. Not sure where to start. Some of the items are small and I could probably knock them off. 

I feel so lost and it seems this whole credit reporting/scoring is hard to navigate when in a hole. On the upside, a family member added me as a AU to one of their CC that they have had for years. It has no balance owed and a decent limit, they are keeping the card in their possession so I cant use it, only get the benefit if the credit reporting on it. 

Net monthy pay: $2200

Monthly bills: $825

I have no car so I am also trying very hard to save in order to get some transportaton. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated. 

AMCOL Systems Inc  Balance $1,672, Original Balance $1,672, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Jan 2023 

AMCOL SYSTEMS INC  Balance $214, Original Balance $214, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Jan 2023 

ASSOC CREDIT SERVICES Balance $235, Original Balance $235, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Sep 2025 

BofA Status Account charged off. $1,021, written off. Balance $1,021 Credit Limit $700, Highest Balance $1,021, On Record Until Jul 2022 

SYNCB/CARE CREDIT Status Closed. $812 written off. Status Updated 04/25/2016, Balance $0, Balance Updated 04/25/2016. Recent Payment $1,000, Monthly Payment $0, Credit Limit $1,500, Highest Balance $1,564 - This was paid off through a garnishment, should it still show on here like this?? Was this a judgement payment thru garnishment for $1000?

TRANSWORLD SYS INC/33  Balance $132, Original Balance $132, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Aug 2025 

TRANSWORLD SYS INC/33 Balance $132, Original Balance $132, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Sep 2025 

US COLLECTIONS WEST INC Balance $837, Original Balance $837, Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Apr 2025 

Welcome to the Forums! Before everyone gets started. What does it mean in red with all the entries when you say 'Highest Balance $0, Terms 1 Months, On Record Until Jan 2023 " The fall off date make sense with Jan 2023/2025. What are the Credit Limits and balances owed presently is what is really needed to get the ball rolloing. You have accounts that are owed so the $0 balance really isnt the case. Glad you have decided to tackle your debts and you came to the right place to get it done.  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have no idea what the info in read means. That is how it is listed on the report. I did notice that on Credit Karma it lists that 3 collections just dropped off but now there are 3 new. I think they just keep shuffling my bills from collection agency to collection agency. 

Message 3 of 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I'll list it a different way for ya:

Collections:

AMCOL Systems Inc  Balance $1,672, Original Balance $1,672

AMCOL SYSTEMS INC  Balance $214, Original Balance $214

ASSOC CREDIT SERVICES Balance $235, Original Balance $235

TRANSWORLD SYS INC/33  Balance $132, Original Balance $132

TRANSWORLD SYS INC/33 Balance $132, Original Balance $132

US COLLECTIONS WEST INC Balance $837, Original Balance $837

Are these collections are still owed? The 2 balances one with an amount and then says 0 balance at the end is what was confusing.

Credit Cards:

BofA Status Account charged off. $1,021, written off. Balance $1,021 Credit Limit $700

SYNCB/CARE CREDIT Status Closed. $812 written off. Status Updated 04/25/2016 Recent Payment $1,000  This was paid off through a garnishment, should it still show on here like this??

Was Transworld accidently posted twice? Care Credit was a charge off I take it and its paid off? Does that look more like it? 6 collections and 2 credit cards?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya - that was all the information as it was listed on the report.

The only thing that has been paid is the CareCredit that was done via garnishment-unsure why it says $812 charged off when they garnished for it - unless they only garnished the $1000 that was the last payment they recieved (Ill have to log in and look at old paystubs to see the amount deducted). The BofA is a charge off. All the others are medical collections that were never paid. The two Transunion are 2 separate bills for 2 separate visits to the same place. They have different "date opened" dates. 

Life has been pretty crazy with moving a few times and I never thought to keep and pack any of the paper bills from the original medical places (I know not very responsible of me - but Im working on that) so I dont even know account numbers or anything for the original creditors and they arent listed on the report other than to say the compant that was originally owed money. I think a few are from when I didnt have any insurance and others are when even with insurance I couldnt pay my portion. 

Now that I no longer have someone draining a joint bank account all the time I am trying to get myself to where I should have been all along, better credit and more financially stable. These collections are hurting me but I just dont know where to start to tackle them. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.