cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not understanding the full implications of how a dispute can hurt your score.

tag
Azuieldrago
Frequent Contributor

Re: Not understanding the full implications of how a dispute can hurt your score.

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All of this should be an entire year of secondary school. It would've helped me a heck of a lot more than sewing boxers and making a birdhouse ever did.

haha... agree.  I'm all for 'credit as a subject'. 

Im game for that. Dang near everything is credit based or on its way there. Jobs, housing. They don't even teach basic financials anymore. I had a class for that and other teachers dive further into it. Not just balancing your accounts but figure out a job, the required schooling. Housing costs, food. Car bill, insurance. Everything. All was factored into the Job you chose.

30 day post DC
60 days post DC
94 days post DC

INQUIRES

Store Cards
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Not understanding the full implications of how a dispute can hurt your score.

@Anonymous It affects getting the collection removed and who has the authority to do so. If the original creditor still owns the debt then you want to make a deal for them to pull it back from collections and then the CA is required to remove the collection from your CR.

If the CA owns it then you want to try to do a pay for delete with the CA.
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousIt affects getting the collection removed and who has the authority to do so. If the original creditor still owns the debt then you want to make a deal for them to pull it back from collections and then the CA is required to remove the collection from your CR.

If the CA owns it then you want to try to do a pay for delete with the CA.

Thanks, that makes sense. I don't think CenturyLink owns it, I contacted them first when it appeared and they weren't able to locate any information attached to my name. 

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Make sure. Better safe than sorry.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
@AnonymousMake sure. Better safe than sorry.

I'm not sure how else to do that? I talked to general support and collections with CenturyLink and neither department could find my name attached to anything. When I talked to EOS they said they would attempt to validate the debt and I would get something in the mail from them within 30 days. It's only been about two weeks. I

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous You ask the original creditor. They will be able to tell you whether they still own the debt and placed it in collections or whether they sold the debt. So make contact with the original creditor and talk to someone who can answer the question there for you.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.