Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nothing is working

tag
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Nothing is working

The GW's arent working, the PFD's arent working, and the new CC's have dropped my score instead of raising it.  I don't even want to check my e-mail cause I don't want a scorewatch alert anymore.  I know util% on CC's caused my point drop, but I am so ready for something positive to happen.  I know, I know, I'm whining. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nothing is working

Credit cards almost always lower your score when you first get them. If you start them off with a high balance, the effect is amplified. Coming fresh off a couple baddies, it took six months for my scores to begin to improve.

Try and get the util down, and make sure you pay on time, every time. Your scores WILL improve. Sometimes it can be a little slow to happen starting fresh out of the gate.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@southernficoaddict wrote:
The GW's arent working, the PFD's arent working, and the new CC's have dropped my score instead of raising it.  I don't even want to check my e-mail cause I don't want a scorewatch alert anymore.  I know util% on CC's caused my point drop, but I am so ready for something positive to happen.  I know, I know, I'm whining. 

Southern, don't be so down in the dumps!! I think you need to change your perspective a tiny bit!!

Think about what you've ACCOMPLISHED!! This is all more of an investment for the future than immediate gratification!!

I know you're feeling bummed because your scores took a bit of a nose-dive, but they WILL recover. And because you've added to your CLs, they'll be higher that EVER in a few months!!

So while things might not look quite so rosy NOW, they will look absolutely passionate pink in just a few months!! Don't give up hope, Darlin'!! You've done a GREAT job!! Smiley Happy

{{{{Hugs!!}}}
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fico scores are a picture in time, and this snap shot is not good.  Fico is not an instant gratification system, keep plugging away at it.  It took my almost 7  GW letters before I got the result I wanted

Michelle
Message 4 of 5
southernficoaddict
Frequent Contributor

Well, thanks for the support.  I guess I just have the blues today.  After getting three or four increases in score and then all of a sudden a big drop, well, I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  Something interesting did happen though.  I got an automated call from GEMB/Dillards saying that they got my GW letter and I would have a reply in a few days.  Also, I got a call from a CA about an account that I've PFD'd to the OC.  This is the first time I've ever heard from the CA.  If I haven't heard from the OC by tomorrow I'm going to send in payment with Hippa letter.  Have any of you ever gotten a call from GEMB acknowledging reciept of a letter before?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.