Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now I'm REALLY confused.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I'm REALLY confused.

I've been reading about FICO vs FAKO enough to decide to compare myFico reports to my (paid) freecreditreports.com Fakos. From what I've been reading here, I expected a severe change from my 750/750/728, but not at all what I got. TU, no report, not enough time on my current credit. EQ 779, EX 770. Looks pretty darn good to me, but I just applied for and got (6 months ago) my first credit card in almost 8 years. The only old credit history it shows is a still 'open' (but paid) 14 year old JC Penney account that was last used in 2000. I'm just guessing that the old Penney's account is really bolstering my score. Either way, I'm impressed with the score, but I also know that with a very weak history, it can come crashing down in a heartbeat. Quite frankly, I'll take it... but I'm not sure I deserve it.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Now I'm REALLY confused.

brisdad wrote:
I've been reading about FICO vs FAKO enough to decide to compare myFico reports to my (paid) freecreditreports.com Fakos. From what I've been reading here, I expected a severe change from my 750/750/728, but not at all what I got. TU, no report, not enough time on my current credit. EQ 779, EX 770. Looks pretty darn good to me, but I just applied for and got (6 months ago) my first credit card in almost 8 years. The only old credit history it shows is a still 'open' (but paid) 14 year old JC Penney account that was last used in 2000. I'm just guessing that the old Penney's account is really bolstering my score. Either way, I'm impressed with the score, but I also know that with a very weak history, it can come crashing down in a heartbeat. Quite frankly, I'll take it... but I'm not sure I deserve it.

If your JC Penney's account hasn't shown any activity in 8 years, I believe FICO scoring ignores it. I will double check on that.

Is JC Penneys reporting each month?

Is this account open or just reporting open.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 07-27-2008 12:33 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.