Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of collections from same company

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Number of collections from same company

Hi all first post.Just wondering if i can do anything about having a number of collections from the same company(Hospital).Can i get the CRA's  to combine them into one collection.

Thanks George

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Number of collections from same company

No, the CRA's won't combine them. If they were all separate visits and separate bills they can all be listed separately on your files.

At one time I had 10 medicals on my files from the same Hospital. I used the HIPAA process just as it is outlined and had them all deleted.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming that each collection represents a different account/bill, then no, you cannot get them combined.

Keep in mind that the CRAs have no ability to change reporting in any way, only to index it and release it to anyone who asks with a permissible purpose to see it. 

The actual reported information comes from the collector, so any action on these collections will have to be handled with them.

The CRA will only help if these bills are not yours, and are being reported on your credit incorrectly.  Then you can dispute them with the CRA and wait to see if they can get the collector to correct the error.

Message 3 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

In the posted scenario, the CRA would not consolidate the multiple collections, not because they lack any authority to make any changes, but because there is no error.

CRAs clearly have the authority to correct or delete information that they find, in their reinvestigation under FCRA 611, to be inaccurate.

While they will normally, if they receive a response from the furnisher that verifies the accuracy as reported, conclude their reinvestigation by supporting that finding, they do have the authority to reach their own finding. 

A typcial example would be if/when they receive no reply from the furnisher after their referral of the dispute.

The CRA must still conclude their reinvestigation within 30 days of the dispute, and lack of any reply from the furnisher may typically result in correction as asserted by the consumer.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks eveyone for helping me better understand my situation.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.