Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC is reporting incorrect info, then verifies it

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

OC is reporting incorrect info, then verifies it

I have a car loan that was charged off after it was stolen. I have been making payments on it via an allotment for months. The OC has not been updating the CR that I am paying. It still has the original charge off balance. I disputed it as making arranged payments. It came back verified and the OC added the notation that I skipped out on the loan. Now what would I do?

I know for a fact they are receiving the money. The OC had to give me the information to start the allotment and I verified with the bank that the money is sent to them monthly, on the 1st. I do not want to stop the allotment in case they decide to sue me. I will have proof I have been paying. I am also paying more than the arrangement amount.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 06-05-2008 01:13 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
athensguy
Valued Contributor

Re: OC is reporting incorrect info, then verifies it

You should first call the OC and talk to them. Find out if they realize they are getting payments, and if not, find out where they're going.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd send MOV to the CRA.

As already suggested, call the OC and talk to them, don't talk to the average CSR that answers the phone, talk to a superviors/manager.
Message 3 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I have already talked to them. I put them in the same category as an abusive CA. They were not helpful in the least and basically told me they could report it as it is since it is a CO. They said when it is completely paid off they will report it as such. I was told I was talking to the person in their legal department. May or not be true.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 06-05-2008 12:24 PM
Message 4 of 7
athensguy
Valued Contributor

guiness56 wrote: I have already talked to them. I put them in the same category as an abusive CA. They were not helpful in the least and basically told me they could report it as it is since it is a CO. They said when it is completely paid off they will report it as such. I was told I was talking to the person in their legal department. May or not be true. Message Edited by guiness56 on 06-05-2008 12:24 PM
Sorry to hear they treated you like that. They are obligated to report accurate information. They have 90 days to update. Be aware that they can sue you for the balance.
Message 5 of 7
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Is this past SOL?
As one poster mentioned rock the boat and they may possibly sue for the eintire balance.

Out of SOL?
They are required BY LAW to report CORRECT information and as of right now they are NOT reporting correct information and you tried to the best of your ablities to correct the error, my next step would be to send the BBB and the AG in their state and your state a complaint.

If you don't get serious with them they will just push you around until you are done paying it.
Message 6 of 7
guiness56
Epic Contributor

No it is not out of SOL and yes I am very aware of the ramifications of my rocking the boat.  I fully understand that they could sue me at any minute, even though I am making payments. 

I know they are required by law to report accurate information, which they are not.  So, I am in between a rock and a hard place.  Let it go and have it seem as though I am not doing anything about it or make them report correctly, which could in turn, make them sue me.

I do not hold much faith in the AG in my area and I have already complained to the BBB in theirs.

Other than a judgment on my CR, which I do not want, I am not too concerned with them garnishing my wages.  As I am military, the garnishment would have to go through my commander.  He is fully aware of my situation with this company and knows I have been paying them.  I do not think he would ok a garnishment.

They have been reporting incorrectly since Feb.  If they were going to report accurately it would have happened by now.  As I stated in the first post, when I disputed it they added the notation that I skipped out. 

I know I owe the debt so I have to pay whether they play fair or not.

I am looking into a consumer attorney.  Maybe that is going to be my best bet.

Message Edited by guiness56 on 06-06-2008 12:56 PM

Message Edited by guiness56 on 06-06-2008 12:57 PM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.