Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC or CA

tag
cadstar
Valued Member

OC or CA

I have a collection on my CR from a CA, the OC is an orthodontist, I have decided after DV'ing and Disputing with the CRA, all to no avail, that a PFD would be in order. I sent the PFD's for about 5  months with no response to the CA, so against my better judgement I called the CA, and after the standard "we dont delete", "the OC doesnt settle" and the usual BS, she said, "why dont  you call them and agree to pay them, you could ask them to tell us to delete the collection."

My question before I call the OC, is... has anyone ever heard of that, can the OC who is not reporting by the way, pull a debt back from a CA and accept my payment? 

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

11/02/09 TU 692 EQ(myfico) 657
1/2/10 TU 702 EQ(myfico) 667
4/4/11 TU 745 EQ(myfico) 723
12/23/11 TU 771 EQ (myfico) 745 Trans 709
Gardening Now

1/13/10 TU(myfico) 709 EQ(myfico) 667 EXP PLUS 709

DONT STOP BELIEVING !!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: OC or CA

Yes they can.  When an OC assigns an account to a CA for collection, it is a business arrangement.  If the CA cannot collect or doesn't collect, the OC can pull the account back, tell them to delete it and assign it to another CA.  Once the CA no longer has the account in their office, they are not allowed to report.  There are some who will disagree that the OC has no right.  But it does work and is done all the time.

I do have to ask on what basis were you disputing the account?

Message 2 of 4
cadstar
Valued Member

guiness, thanks for the reply, I am going to try and resolve with the OC, I was disputing this based on it is not my account. It actually belongs to my son.. same name, same address.. he's Jr. Im Senior. He is out of the house and on his own,and this was the only baddie on his report. for the amount $650.. it is no longer worth my hassle, and while my scores are decent, low 700's, Id feel better knowing it was gone.

11/02/09 TU 692 EQ(myfico) 657
1/2/10 TU 702 EQ(myfico) 667
4/4/11 TU 745 EQ(myfico) 723
12/23/11 TU 771 EQ (myfico) 745 Trans 709
Gardening Now

1/13/10 TU(myfico) 709 EQ(myfico) 667 EXP PLUS 709

DONT STOP BELIEVING !!!
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Whenever the OC still owns the debt, it is always better to work with them. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.