Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC sold to CA

tag
mcf
Contributor

OC sold to CA

So i had a debt, looked at report shows 0 paid was a charge off. I get a call never heard of them, put it together and figure my OC sold to a CA. Well i live in NC SOL is 3 years. one credit file says last activity 05 2010 the other says oct 2010 which i last made a payment 05 2010 so my thoughts are this. I tell CA notta i do not divulge info over phone if they want to find out if im the right one well write me a letter. 2. they cannot report to my credit report can they? they are not on it right now because i believe they have not verified who i am if i exist etc.. lol. What would the professionals do in this case?? I do not one them on my CR the OC is already on it for another 4.5 yrs.. your thoughts?

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OC sold to CA

Whether or not they report is totally up to them, but nothing legally stops them from reporting. They don't have to verify identity before reporting. If the OC passed along your name and info, they can use that to report. I would make an assumption that they could report.

Did any CA contact you? If not, wait it out is what I'd do.

Message 2 of 7
mcf
Contributor

Yes a CA called today. Its the only thing they could possibly call about they asked for my name i said and who is asking. they said niagara credit. I said never heard of you dont have any business with you, good day. i only have one baddie on my credit. its a repo from 05/2010. Plus it now states on my credit paid in full/ was a charge off. I didnt pay it lol.. so i put it together that it must have been sold to that CA

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Message 3 of 7
mcf
Contributor

Ive received no dunning or any letters stating anything in my mailbox. so i am still not 100 percent that is what its for haha. Maybe im paranoid lol.. But like i said i have zero other matters.

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I would ready a DV letter and would send it out within a couple of weeks if they haven't sent anything by then. If they just started calling then a dunning letter is probably on its way now.

Message 5 of 7
mcf
Contributor

but hey nmac has there own ca right??

they wouldnt sell it to a lowlife like these guys from what i been reading! would they?

Message 6 of 7
mcf
Contributor

plus i never give out info to random people on phone i figure hey if its me they can find my address and go through proper channels. you know.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.