cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC sold to Collection - Paid, Collection Was Deleted - OC still reports as sold account.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OC sold to Collection - Paid, Collection Was Deleted - OC still reports as sold account.

So based on the subject, is there anything I can try doing with the original creditor to get them to change the status since it was paid, but paid to the collection agency and not them? Like I mentioned in a previous post, i just need a 10 pt increase so I am trying anything I can.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: OC sold to Collection - Paid, Collection Was Deleted - OC still reports as sold account.

Since you had a paid CA reporting, I take it the OC reports now as paid too? They are allowed to continue to report. You can send them a GW letter if you wanted to, but it's up to them if they want to delete. Before sending a GW you'll want to weigh the reporting of the TL in relation to your other credit, and you'll want to weigh the age of the TL in relation to your overall length of history and AAoA. It's possible to lose points when an older paid CO deletes.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: OC sold to Collection - Paid, Collection Was Deleted - OC still reports as sold account.

If the OC sold the debt, they should have updated to $0 at the time of sale, and the status would remain at whatever the state of the account when sold.

If debt is paid to the debt collector, the OC account already shows $0 balance, and the OC does not update their reporting to show paid.  They are not responsible for monitoring the subsequent status of the debt itself, or for reporting it as paid.

That is the responsibility of the party to whom you paid the debt...the debt collector.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.