cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCWEN MONSTERS - Killing my mortgage pre approval efforts.

tag
WontHeDoIt
Established Member

OCWEN MONSTERS - Killing my mortgage pre approval efforts.

OCWEN . . they are killing me. I have ONE mortgage late . . EVER. It was 12 months ago. I sent in a GW letter to try and get it removed and there began the issues. The first customer service person (from India) told me to fax over a letter to the research deparmtnet. Did that. They said No. I called in to customer service again. THey said NO. Called Ombusdmans office - NO - Almost HELL NO! Then they put this note on all 3 of my bureaus.  I have a note on my credit report that says "Consumer Disputes Account". My mortgage persons says I must get this off before they will give me a pre-approval . . .

Of course I've called them and they deny the whole thing. They say that I must've filed a dispute. I did not. They are being a royal pain. Did I mention that they sent me my payment history and it was addressed to someone else? Name address of someone else, but it was MY payment history on the second page. I emailed them about that. . .

*SIGH*

Anyone have any experience with Ocwen - this is kliing my attempts to get a mortgage approval, especially after all of the hard work I've put in trying to get my credit utilization down and my fico scores up.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: OCWEN MONSTERS - Killing my mortgage pre approval efforts.

I don't know if there is anything here that will help you...http://www.mortgagenewsdaily.com/04202017_mortgage_servicing.asp

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 6
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

File a complaint with the CFPB to have the dispute comment removed.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have  OCWEN and I absolutely hate them. I had a 30 day late 16 motnhs ago and have tried to get it removed. They have NR reported to the credit bureau for months while its being paid on time.  The loan though it says current hasn't updated so it could leave the impression that I may not have been paying.

I had a insurance claim 6 years ago with them while my loan was going through a modification. They have held those funds for 6 years. I have called no less than 2 dozen times to have the monies applied to the loan or sent to me so I can apply it. 

I also called when my account was compromised and I was unable to make the payment 16 months ago and asked that those funds be applied. Of course that never happened. I'm going to file a complaint with CPFB and tif that doesn't work hen my next step is to file a lawsuit.

Oh and yes my report also has those same comments that you stated.

I'm paying double on my mortgage monthly to get rid of it in 8 years. 

Sorry for your ordeal with them but they are not customer service oriented at all.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone here interested in joining me in filing a class action lawsuit against Ocwen?
Message 5 of 6
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I had this happen to me when I was getting my mortgage, my broker had to do a rapid rescore with the CRAs. Took about a week.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.