Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG First Premiere

tag
dbslove
Contributor

OMG First Premiere

Hi all! I am not sure if this is a great option or what. I have a charged off FP account that according to TransUnion will fall off of my report 2/14. I was offered a settlement with them today of 60%, really? That seems somewhat outrageous for 15 months, It was originally charged off in 2007. It is counting against my utilization but I figured the settlement amount should be less than what was offered. Your thoughts? Dee
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
KevinBlock55
Established Member

Re: OMG First Premiere

Send letter explaining that its falling off and that you can afford 20% to settle or 40% for PFD?
Message 2 of 9
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1

Message 3 of 9
timotiger
New Contributor

It seems to me, and based on my experience with them, they have the leverage. If you communicate with them, they could change the date of last activity. If you don't communicate with them, they can turn you over to a CA., which restarts the seven year clock. Either way you could be damned. I think I would contact them and ask them where you need to be to get a PFD.

Message 4 of 9
timotiger
New Contributor

You know, I've re thought this. I don't think I would do a thing, and I would ignore their offer. Your seven years is up shortly so it should come off the credit.. Let them turn over to collection. You have a better chance of a PFD through a collection agency than FP. Also, if your worried about utilization, request credit increases on the credit you have.

Message 5 of 9
dbslove
Contributor

Thanks Timotiger, that was my number one concern. I am only about 15 months away from it being removed and the settlement offer they gave was 60%, no way! I am reaching out to my other creditors to get credit line increases because it just seems a little unjustifable for me to pay that amount even though it is my debt. I almost called them but I dont think it will amount to much on a reduction.

Message 6 of 9
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

They can change the DOLA to anything they want, it won't affect the SOL nor the CRTP.  The DOLA doesn't factor into changing any of the clocks for these.  I would still suggest to settle or pay something on it, but that's just my experience.  Just because the debt has expired the SOL and the CRTP doesn't mean it's gone.  It's still out there, and sometime that just kicks it to more of a bottom feeder CA.  These zombie debts can continue to pop up until it is paid or settled.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 9
3MV
New Contributor

Also, if you do settle, ask for a PFD or get some guaranty they will not change all the months since 2007 to 120+ lates. I settled with a CA on a First Premier account back in March and as soon as I did, First Premier updated the status to charge off, settled for less than amount, and added 27 120+ lates. 

Starting Score: 539 EQ 11/1/2011
Current Score: 648 EQ SW , 670 TU SW, 654 EX (MTG Pull 8/19/2013)

**It's a marathon not a sprint**
Message 8 of 9
chozen28
Established Member

Wow 3mv!

I'm hoping they don't do that to my account. I settled for 50% of the balance due. The account was referred to collection. Once, I paid the settlement I immediately began goodwilling them. They responded within 2 days stating that would not remove accurate information from my credit report. Smiley Sad

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.