Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG GW success +35 points on all three reports

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG GW success +35 points on all three reports

I sent out 8 GW letters Last month 4/16 and here is what has happened to my three credit reports:

My Transunion
Sears was changed from charge off to paid in full
Discover all lates were deleted
My closed Macy's that was a charge off was deleted
Dress barn all lates deleted
Cap one all lates deleted
Target lates deleted
New Changes as of 05/16/08
Grimm Collections Deleted
Total lates before changes 69, Current 12, New Late Count 5

My Equifax
Target lates deleted
New Changes are of 5/16/08
Sears was changed from Charge off to paid in full
Macy's Charge off removed from report
Discover all lates deleted
Dress Barn all lated deleted and to paid in full
Grimm Collections deleted

Total lates befor changes 44, Current 32, New Late Count 8

Experian
Dress barn all lates deleted
Discover all lates deleted
Sears charge off account deleted
Charge off Macys deleted
Target lates deleted
New changes as of 05/16/08
Grimm Collections Deleted
Charge off Macy's deleted
Total lates before changes 56, Current 20, New Late Count 10

I am so happy, none of the colletions were deleted but I is a start I will have to check, on those later.  I really think I am going to make it to the 700 club.  My new Scores as of 5/16/08 TU-656, EP-594, EX-644

Message Edited by MichelleRichards65 on 05-05-2008 09:11 AM

Message Edited by MichelleRichards65 on 05-05-2008 09:15 AM

Message Edited by MichelleRichards65 on 05-16-2008 12:59 AM
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG GW success +35 points on all three reports

WOW-
I need YOU to start writing MY GW letters!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

You must post your GW letter example...........it seems to have done the trick!
Message 3 of 28
mbass18
Established Member

You're awesome!  Way to go!  Can you post a copy of your letter? lol
Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

My letter is abite wordy, infact I posted it awhile ago of help many people said I should cahnge it.  But I still liked my letter better so I sent it out.  I was right mine did work quite will.  I am so happy

April 23, 2008

Sears/Citi Cards
8725 W Sahara Ave
The Lakes, NV-89163-0001

Account Number: XXXXXXXXXX

Initial Balance: $ 2340.00

Current Balance: Charge off $0.00

Name of Account Holder: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Former Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

DOB: XXXXXXXXXXXX

SSN: XXXXXXXXXXXX

To whom it may concern:

I am writing to your company to ask for a measure of Goodwill, Sears/Citi Cards has an excellent history of strong customer service.  I have one paid Sear/Citi Cards account that was turned into a “charge off of bad debt”.  I have made some very large mistakes regarding my financial credit history.  In my 20’s I took credit for granted, I never realized that my serious misuse of credit would come back to haunt me and it has in a large way.  I have had a strong credit history since 2005 that is over five years. 

Since, than I have found God and grown-up; I got married in 2004, than I got pregnant with my first child.  When my son was born April 22, 2006 five weeks early he was placed in the NICU for three weeks due to complications of my high blood pressure and elevated blood glucose levels, he weight only 4lbs 8oz.  I have learned the true meaning of responsibility personally and financially; we managed to live on my husbands’ paycheck alone, we never missed a single payment on any bills.  I graduated from Tacoma Community College with a degree in Respiratory Therapy, now I am working my full-time dream job for Providence St Peters Hospital in Olympia, Washington.

We have been paying all of our medical bills as well as other house hold bills on time.  It is now time to buy a house and live the American Dream.  When we were denied a house loan, I discovered that I have an old Charge Off account in the amount of $2340.00 with Sears/Citi Cards.  I am asking and pleading for a measure of Goodwill to delete the “charge off of bad” account off of my credit report.  This one trade line is holding my family back from our dream of home ownership.  I understand that you are under no legal obligation to respond to my letter of Goodwill, but I pray that you will find it in your heart to grant my family the Goodwill of deleting the one trade line off my credit report. 

Goodwill is alive and well in this day and age.  I find that there are still good people in this world, sometimes we get into financial problems but through hard work my family has been able to overcome whatever God puts in our path.  However, this time I am asking for your help in realizing my families’ dreams, with this jester of Goodwill and delete this account of my credit report; Sears/Citi Cards will forever have my gratitude.

Sincerely,

Message Edited by MichelleRichards65 on 05-05-2008 11:52 AM
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

like I said very wordy.  I poured my heart and soul into the letter.  I guess I got lucky, and my letter went to a very nice CSR.  Thanks Sears
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please, Please, Please ,
Post you r GW letters. I've been trying to come up with one and can't find one that is applicable,
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry I just found it I amm going to try
Thanks
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used the same letter for each one of my creditors, and changed where I needed.  GW really work
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!! 

What type of account was your Capital One? Auto, CC, Personal loan?

I'm asking because I am expecting to get some lates removed by Capital One Auto Finance. My car that was funded by them was totaled so I needed to get a nother car. Needless to say I cannot afford 2 car payments so I haven't been paying them anything. My last pmt to them was in January, hence I should be getting at least a 120 day late. My insurance has paid off most of the debt to Cap 1 but I am still waiting for my GAP insurance to kick in. And they will not pay until they have the full & complete police report, which Los Angeles PD still has yet to put out...

To make a long story short I eventually want to Good will them to remove the lates if they ever appear. They have not reported to the credit bureaus since January....
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.