Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG HEEELLLPPPPPP

tag
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Re: OMG HEEELLLPPPPPP

So if I pay them something or I don't ever pay them won't make a difference right? The only thing paying them Is going to do is get them off my back?

I seriously don't get how this is even legal...what they're doing I mean

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 11 of 18
MzKoli
Contributor

The next time they call verbally request a ceast and desist, then send a written copy to their ofc certified mail. Once you confirm they received it, monitor your phone If they EVER call you again keep documentation of it and sue them. I work for a crdt comp and we take C&Ds very seriously... especially after being sued a few times . Better late than never i guess lol
Message 12 of 18
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Oh wow no way. Ok I'm definitely going to do that. Is that all I need to say or do I need to give reasons or my info or whatever they ask me.

Thanks for tip!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 13 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Technically, it needs to be in writing.  You can tell them on the phone not to contact you in any way, shape or form but, until they get the written letter they might.

And no, you do not have to give them any reasons.

Message 14 of 18
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

The written letter is this one....
"The next time they call verbally request a ceast and desist"
?

Or the DV

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 15 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You need to send them a written cease and desist.  You can tell them on the phone to stop calling etc but, until they get the letter they don't have to.

Message 16 of 18
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Got it .

Thanks so much!!!

EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skip that heart attack.  The FIRST thing i would do is send them a validation letter if you havent yet.  Sometimes they wont even mess with it after so long since they LITTERALY make pennies on the dollar for collections.  Second, if they call again, just tell them to contact you in writing only. By law, they cant harrass you but they will push the envelope until they know you understand the law.  take a peek over fair collection practices.  Ive seen collections dissapear after a validation letter simply because of SOL, or ability of the Collections agency to legally collect a debt in the state you live in.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.