Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG this is taking forever

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG this is taking forever

I figured this wasn't going to take long BOY WAS I WRONG!

I started in Jan and all I have accomplished is getting 6 CA deleted,
3 OC to update to 0 balances (sold to CA)
and 1 which blows my mind, Sears of all people updated an OLD CO to pays as agreed but left the lates in 2003

I have only seen a jump of 60 pts on one and maybe 30 on the others.

EQ has less showing on it and has the lowest score at 546 I started out with a 516 there

I have 3 CA's left to get rid of because they haven't validated anything from 2 DV's and I am about to hit them with a rotten egg.

I have Applied Bank
2 Crap 1's
and GMAC which is NEVER going to go away, it was a repo for a truck I cosigned on and was never notified that it was repoed and sold until I pulled my CR SURPRISE!!!!!!!!! Right now it only shows CO with a balance and no pay history, funny thngs is under terms it says 0.00 for 60 mos. I am stuck with that until 4/2013 ;(  I can't pay it so I am not going to rock that boat.

Gees this is taking FOREVER, how did everyone find the patience?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: OMG this is taking forever

Hi there, I'm still fighting stuff from when I started in January..seems the CRA"S throw away most of my disputes or don't even actually verify them just say they have!

I was just wondering how you dealt with Sears..we had an old account we settled on..for more then we actually originally owed years ago. I contacted Sears and they said they would update it to paid in full instead of settled..all I had to do was fax them a letter which I did they then replied that all info stays for 7 years and didnt update anything!

I then send a goodwill to the address they gave me..came back no such address?

I then contacted there old collections department (in India I presume) and they told me as the account was over 2 years old they couldn't do anything..they're driving me crazy!
Just wondering how you got anywhere with them?
   Thanks  : )
Message 2 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

Worst case it will take 7.5 years for the info to fall off.  If it takes you a year or 2 to fix everything you want, you are doing very well for yourself.

Keep working at it.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just all that..and 60+ points...you should be very happy...if takes some folks at least a year to get were you are...I happy to have some success since January...

2 CA deleted
OC deleted off EQ
+42 EQ, +80 EX, +94 TU

Still have:
2 medical bills
1 CA (LVNV FUNDING)
GW for lates (HSBC, HSBC/HSTBY, FIRST PREMIER, AMERICAN THRIFT & LOAN)

CONGRATS!!!..you have done great...in 4 months...BEST WISHES!!!..and GOOD LUCK!!!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sears, was an old CO I disputed it with the CRA and they updated it that way, I didn't ask for anything, they just did it.
Message 5 of 9
granny031350
Established Contributor

Since I am not always a patient person I took to calling the creditors on a regular basis and worked my way up the food chain.  I have faxed, mailed, and called.  I started last November in earnest.  Here it is, almost June and still working a 2 accounts to get them cleaned up.

My next step is to go after Experian since they are the hold up and will no longer let me dispute the accounts in question.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been at it since 11/07 and I know exactly what you mean about it taking forever.  I've also had more problems with Experian than any other CA.  I'm well over 600 on EQ and TU but Exp takes forever to update and erase derogs.  It doesn't help that I made all the mistakes someone can make when trying to repair credit.

Still, what can you do?  Just keep working at it and do the best you can to stay on time.  It's unbelievable how much influence one company can have on your quality of life. 
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hang in there. You're moving faster than I did!

It took 7.5 yrs for me to loose my capital one baddie, but I'm in the 700's now. Just keep being on time, keep calling, and keep writing. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Repair and rebuilding is not for people that want "instant" results- 

That's was CC applications are for!!!!!!!!!!

With 2 years clean payments, low UTL, as many baddies off as you can though GW and negotiations-  your FICO WILL recover-

IMO- FICO EXPECTS you to give up and quit- only the persistent and the ones that change their financial mindset will actually change their RISK and in affect will increase their FICO's-   
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.