Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Odd situation with SELF lender

tag
virgo
Established Contributor

Odd situation with SELF lender

I have a self lender loan. My payment has always been due on the 22nd. On their website it says the 22nd. I have auto pay set up to pay on the 22nd.

I receive an email on the 21st that my bill is due.

Forget trying to call them. No one picks up.

Will this affect my score.

Thank you for any and all responses

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Odd situation with SELF lender

Does the email actually say your payment is due the 21st? Or is it one of those reminders the day before that say your bill is due tomorrow?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
virgo
Established Contributor

It actually says your bill is due today.

Message 3 of 7
virgo
Established Contributor

I went back in my emails and found the reminder notice that came on the 15th.

That said my bill is due in 7 days. 15 and 7 is 22.

Because I have auto pay turned on I didn't look at anything until the 22nd. It clearly says it's due on the 22nd.

But if this computer is sending out an email that says my bill was due on the 21st that same computer may report me to the credit bureaus as being late.

Message 4 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@virgo wrote:

I went back in my emails and found the reminder notice that came on the 15th.

That said my bill is due in 7 days. 15 and 7 is 22.

Because I have auto pay turned on I didn't look at anything until the 22nd. It clearly says it's due on the 22nd.

But if this computer is sending out an email that says my bill was due on the 21st that same computer may report me to the credit bureaus as being late.

Late payments are not reported until at least 30 days after the payment is due so even if you are a day late it won't be reported (note based on your description I don't think that you are late)

Message 5 of 7
virgo
Established Contributor

It kind of defeats the purpose of autopay.

Thank you for your responses.

Message 6 of 7
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I agree with @dragontears. Even if it is counted late by a day for some reason, you wouldn't get hit with a 30-day late on your credit reports. But, if everything you're seeing and have seen says the 21st, screenshot it for evidence, and just let autopay do its thing. If they say you were late, you can fight it and show them your screenshots. It's probably just a glitch.

Better yet, get ahead of all this and just call them and talk to them and tell them everything you've told us about your usual 21st due date and the email with conflicting info. At least then it's noted in your file that you proactively tried to avoid being late and made them aware of the issue with their system.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.