cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ohio State Tax Lien Removal - And Thanks to this Board!!

tag
mintons
Established Member

Re: Ohio State Tax Lien Removal - And Thanks to this Board!!

Hey there, I too had issues getting that third one removed at first.  Have either of you filed a claim through CFPB?  I did that, and also disputed it by sending them a letter and showing that the other two agencies removed.  After doing that, the final one was removed!!!

Good luck to you all....and glad that this post helped.....I know that I was extremely grateful to others on this board, as without I would not have kept pressing, and would not have gotten them removed.

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!Smiley Wink It takes a lot of patience and hard work. I went through the same thing with Oregon.

Message 12 of 15
dorkface
Established Member

Thanks to everyone for this post. I was in Greece last year for about 10 weeks visiting my wife’s family. I had a payment plan with the Ohio AG, roughly 100/mo, on which I was current. While I was overseas, I discovered that I could not access any ohio gov’t websites. None. At all. So, I could not pay my installment through their site as I had been doing the past several months. I devised a workaround, through my bank’s bill pay system, using the address that popped up on the first line of a google search for the AG. The first 2 payments were cashed, so I put it out of my mind, and enjoyed my time overseas.

Forward about 3 weeks, I get a notification from all my credit monitoring services that I have an ohio state tax lien filed, and my scores have dropped from low 800s-high 700s to low 700s-high 600s.

what????!!!!

Called the AG (they didn’t answer then I was trying to figure out how to pay the installment), and spoke to the gentleman who originated my agreement. He said that what probably happened was they applied the payment to the wrong year. A call to another department confirmed this. They very nicely told me that they could not issue a null and void because this was not their mistake.

I went from overseas bliss to rage and frustration.

About 10 days later, we were home, and I began the process of calling the AG, several x/day, leaving messages and hoping to speak with a person. When I did get people, I just kept requesting to speak to the next person up the chain of command. For the record, their phone reps are very pleasant and personable. Anyway, eventually I wound up with a copy of the expungement letter that they sent the 3 CRAs. The lien is still listed on all 3, about 10 months later.

We were crazy busy last year, so no time to devote to this. As you know, if you’ve had this situation, it will take weeks out of your life.

We’re in Greece again as I write this, so thanks for the info about pursuing with the CRAs. I will do this when we get stateside in some weeks.

cheers

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to this post I am on the right course to getting a wrongful lien off of my reports.  I contacted the OH atty gen about old tax assessment from 2012 about some vehicles a relative and I traded to each other.  Ohio department of taxation made up a number of money I supposedly owed after I responded to all of their  numerous request for info regarding the trade.  I ignored them and ended up with a lien.  Not until after I found these forums did I have any Idea of how to go about correcting it.  After speaking with a very nice lady at the Ohio Attorney Generals office and explaining my story, she researched my issue and within a week said I was free and clear of the debt.  She sent paper work to file with my County Court, then after recorded as satisfied she mailed expunge letters to the CRA's.  They now show as satisfied, but now the fun begins,  I haven't heard back from any of them and will start sending more copies, disputing, and file complaints if need be.  Thanks for the great info.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you mind sharing with me the name of the 'kind woman' that you spoke with?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.