cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Charge Off just appeared on my reports.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Charge Off just appeared on my reports.

Update on Disputes:

My Credit Reports have all been updated and now the CA is reporting that my last payment was Nov 2009. But it is showing the date the collection will fall off my reports as 5/2017 which is the 7 years + 180 days. 

When I spoke with the Transunion rep she said the CA is reporting that the account went delinquent in May of 2010. The account was 180 days late at that point. Just wondering if it's a waste of time to dispute again. I have last years Credit Report showing the account was 30 days late in Jan 2010 which means DoFD was Dec 2009. The CA's reporting still seem incorrect to me.

It seems surprising to me that I have to provide proof of their claim. Seems like they should have to do that. What stops any CA from putting any dates in collections that they want to?

Not too sad though, my EX fell to 621 after the false dates appeared from this CA and then jumped to 672 after update. I accepted the pre-qualification from AMEX BCE and was approved. It's only a SL of $1,000 and the pre-qualification said I could get a CLI after my 5th statement (that seems new) but I'm more than happy with that. Just a little over a year ago I could only get Fingerhut credit. Things steadily improved and now I'm in with AMEX!

I'm happy now to garden for the next couple years. At that time I have my sights set on Chase. Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.