Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Information

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Information

I have a question about items on your credit reports.  I have too credit cards that say "the account is schedule to continue on record until Sept 2010". Do they come off by themselves or do I need to contact the creditor or the credit report agencies? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Old Information

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a question about items on your credit reports.  I have too credit cards that say "the account is schedule to continue on record until Sept 2010". Do they come off by themselves or do I need to contact the creditor or the credit report agencies? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome.

In most cases the accounts will disappear without you having to do anything but always check and make sure.

I will ask you one thing. Are these closed CC accounts in good standing? If so you want them to stay reporting as long as possible. As long as they are reporting they continue to help your AAoA (Average Age of Accounts) and credit length history.

Is these are derogatory items then getting rid of them will be a good thing.  Smiley Happy

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.