Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Judgement...

tag
KeithW
Frequent Contributor

Old Judgement...

I apparently have an old CC judgement from Dec. 2002 that a collection agency is saying was never paid. They garnished my wages but they are saying that they never received the money. In that time the original $2000 judgement is now over $9000 dollars. Oddly it isn't listen on any of my credit reports and I have had no contact with these people other than getting a letter in the mail the other day. I searched the online court records and they did show the garnishment and other collection activity, such as trying to garnish my bank account at an old bank, but that was all back in 2003.

My question is will this go away or will it hang around forever? Like I mentioned the garnishment was taken out of my checks and paid but they are claiming they never received it. I haven't had any contact with them so for all they know I could be in another state or six feet under and I don't want to stir things up. The judgement was in Missouri.

EQ671 TU673 EX662
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.