I'll start this off with - I know I should have done this sooner. But in the near future, I'll be looking at buying a house. Preferably by this summer.
I have four delenquients on my report currently. All Medical. Live in Ohio.
All of them are with FFCC-Cleveland:
$62 / DOFD Oct.1.2012
$98 / DOFD Sep.12.2012
$98 / DOFD Jul.21.2012
$392 / DOFD Jun.21.2012
They are with two different OC's.
Would would the recommended course of action be on these? Maybe call the OC and ask for a recall on the debt from the collector? Would that work? Essentially I would like them gone completely, and I've heard that FFCC is not very good with PFD's. If so, what would my next step be? I have the funds, I just want to go about this the best way for credit score.
I know there's a million different possible actions, and I've been a bit overwhelmed scouring the site.
Medicals are some of the easiest to get removed. You would want to start with #3 since they are so old.
For unpaid medical debt that is reporting on your CR:
1. Call the OC and see if insurance can be billed, if not then
2. see if you qualify for Charity Care, if not then
3. ask that they recall the collection in exchange for full payment
4. Send the reporting CA a PFD offer
5. Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help